IVF cost ?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, we've had these threads before, but can we do a re-do?

what are some of the discount programs out there?

I've been going through our finances and trying to figure out some way to get this pushed through so I can get on the Jan/Feb cycle!

Last resort--I can talk to my mom or dad and ask for a loan, I am sure they would do it--I just don't like to ASK, you know?

Anyway--I know there's that Sam's Club (or is it Costco?) membership thing that gives you discounted medical treatments. I've also heard about something called Fertility Card that gives you discounts?

Anything else?

Thanks!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Don't know anything about this, but it is worth a shot:

If you need some help with paying for procedures (IVF inclu)....READ.. - Fertile Thoughts

The Sam's Club membership has the free health insurance option:

OptumHealth Allies

Those are the only ones I know of off the top of my head!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you want more info on the Sam's Club one, Tracey (ttb1105) uses that. I haven't seen her post much but I'm sure if you PM her she'll respond.
December 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Freedom Pharmacy for my meds. That's a discount pharmacy. RE calls in my order, FP calls me to confirm and I receive the next day by 10am. I do not know of any programs for the procedure itselt. Sorry

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I joined Sam's for the Optum Health. It's actually a little more complicated than they make it sound like, as it goes through another subsidiary and you pay them and they pay the clinic and so forth. I'm still not sold on it, but heck for only $100, I'm sure I can make that up somewhere along the line. They also don't work with all RE's, so you'd have to call or check to see if your RE is listed. Each RE has their own cost breakdown, also, so the example you may find on OptumHealth's website isn't the TRUE cost (bummer, because it was a WAAAAY cheap "example" price)

I don't know about anything else. I hope you can find a way!

We've decided if we have to go IVF, we're going to put it on credit card. I don't know if this is an option for you, but sometimes, your credit card company sends checks to use which actually go to your credit card balance. If you use those checks, you get like a 0% rate for 6 months or some such time period, or a 3% or something like that for life of balance (as long as you are on top of payment and so forth). We have a credit card that sends this to us fairly frequently, so I keep my eye out for it.

It could be worth calling your credit card company about...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 7th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
For Optum Health Allies (Sam's club partnership), I believe it depends on each RE practice. All I had to do was give RE my Optum membership info and the RE's office interacts with Optum. I paid my RE's office directly. I haven't had to contact Optum at all. The cost listed for my RE on the Optum site is accurate. It saved us a little over 40%. My insurance covers my scans, bloodwork and about 90% of the meds, so we were only responsible for paying from Retrieval to Transfer.

I agree with Gywnne, not all RE's participate, so you would want to check their site before joining.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't found any discount programs or anything that my RE's office participates in... The only thing my RE is a part of is the ARC program. They offer some sort of refund guarantee where you get "something" back if you are unsuccessful, but I don't know what the added cost is to do that option.... I haven't yet filled out the application and sent in the $75 application fee to find out.

I have my IVF Orientation later today, so if I find out something interesting to add to this thread, I'll let ya know!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I work for OptumHealth Allies and am responding to questions about our infertility treatment discounts. Our infertility treatment network is provided by ParentSteps, which offers discounts of 12-33% from Infertilty Centers of Excellence nationwide. ParentSteps is a very legit program that provides infertility discounts for some health plans, as well as for discount programs like OptumHealth Allies. Unfortunately, I don't think consumers can access the program directly.

Regarding the email about Sam's Club, OptumHealth Allies has a relationship with Sam's Club whereby Sam's Club Plus members can join OptumHealth Allies free. Sam's Club Advantage members pay a special low rate. Non-Sam's members can sign join the OptumHealth Allies discount program by going to our Web site (I can't post the link but just type OptumHealth Allies in your browser). We are NOT an insurance program. We offer discounts of 10-50% on all kinds of health services -- not just infertility but dental, vision, alternative care, etc.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify our infertility discounts. Good luck with your family-building.
January 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bumping this late (but I also see it has been bumped recently)

My company has OptumHealth as "extra" programs that we can enroll in, for infertility and other things like mentioned above

I contacted all the local Dallas RE's that are on the plan to see what the "true" discount will be, compared to what the site lists, so if anyone is actively researching this today, hopefully I'll have some news soon

My plan helped cover IVF, FET, and Medicated IUI, including injectible IUI cycle.

They also apparently choose doctors that have higher rates of singleton pregnancies and births, over docs who have great rates, yet have more multiples in those numbers, so for me, that's actually a big draw. I'd love twins, but it's also really nice to see that they'll push for us to try and have only one, or at least minimize the chances for multiples (my previous RE didn't seem to be on the same board with that kind of plan)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search