Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by *CAMM*; December 7th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
December 7th, 2009, 10:58 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What?? NO- don't go! Your story has always given me hope, and you are one of the most helpful ladies that has dealt with MA that I have met on here. I don't see any reason for ttc w/ma ladies to ever have to hide their siggies.... IMHO, it gives me hope and right now that is all some of us have left... just that little glimmer of hope.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

December 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
((HUGS)) I have 4 kids and I have always felt welcome here. I hope you reconsider.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Perhaps you misunderstood someone? Stories like yours are an important part of this board...it gives us all the hope that someday our broken bodies will give us the miracle we have been praying for!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
???? I can't imagine how that can be hurtful - half of the women on this board have children. I've always thought you've been really helpful and you have ALOT of experience to offer women going through medical assistance.

I know I'm one of the one's here that hides my signature (it's my preggo ticker) but I do it out of habit because I still post on the TTC#1 board and I know it upsets them sometimes.
December 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Last edited by *CAMM*; December 7th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
December 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry someone felt that way towards you Even if he wasn't conceived through MA, you still went through that whole process and from what I read from the ladies that are doing IVF - it is not an easy one.

I am not currently undergoing MA either and I did very little of it to get where I am, and I hope no one feels that way about me.
December 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
that makes no sense whatsoever, please don't go

December 7th, 2009, 12:01 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Since this is playing out on the public boards, I feel that I need to step in and give a brief explanation.

I was the person whose comments were misunderstood. I was comparing Christin's situation to another poster's situation and trying to explain something. Never in a million years did I think that my words would be misunderstood to be mean, hurtful, or discouraging. I have spent the last year co-hosting this board trying to make it a safe, fun, supportive place for all women with trouble conceiving to come and be a part of a family. It literally makes me sick to my stomach that something I said would be misinterpreted and cause someone to think that they weren't welcome here. I think it is an incredible and wonderful thing that so many of the women here have been able to have children, whether through MA or not. Those kids in the siggy's keep me going and give me hope that someday I'll have a family, too.

I have already apologized to Christin privately, but I'll do it again here. Christin, I sincerely apologize if what I said hurt your feelings in any way. I thought I was helping by explaining how I saw something, but maybe that isn't how it came across. I disagree that you have nothing to offer this board...you have a wealth of knowledge that has been helpful to everyone here. I hope that you will reconsider your decision to leave.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you will reconsider!

My DD (7) was conceived *by surprise* when I was not even 21, and still in college!

I don't know if her conception was a "fluke" or if there's some underlying unknown issue now (we are unexplained infertility) or if it's just a natural fertility decline.

But we've been TTC our first child together now for over 2 years and I never knew I could feel hurt and sadness like this.

I don't feel guilty for posting on this board, and I certainly hope you don't, either. Secondary infertility is very painful and you are just as deserving of support as anyone else on this board. Infertility hurts no matter what.

It does not offend me or bother me that you have a precious son whom you conceived without MA. That gives me HOPE!

I hope you will stay!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Last edited by *CAMM*; December 7th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
December 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this is ridiculous. Melissa is one of the nicest and most helpful people I know. I'm sure she didn't mean anything harmful. I've never been so sure of anything. ENOUGH with all the drama and the insanity!!! It's a messageboard, and things can be taken in the wrong light. Recognize that, accept her apology, and move on! We all enjoyed hearing your story and it's silly to go off in a huff. I'm just tired of all the insanity.

December 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I don't think we se it as hurtful, but I bet everyone of us can admit we are a little jealous. We would ALL love to have a baby without all the help, and even when we do get preggo, there is still that jealousy about wishing we didn't have to go this route.

December 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, I don't know what was said but it seems to me like Melissa cleared up any confusion. Christin, I have always appreciated your comments and the beautiful picture of your son. I hope you reconsider and hang around. We women need to stick together in these stressful and happy times. We need you here.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkro9 View Post
I think this is ridiculous. Melissa is one of the nicest and most helpful people I know. I'm sure she didn't mean anything harmful. I've never been so sure of anything. ENOUGH with all the drama and the insanity!!! It's a messageboard, and things can be taken in the wrong light. Recognize that, accept her apology, and move on! We all enjoyed hearing your story and it's silly to go off in a huff. I'm just tired of all the insanity.

I dont even know what to say to your post..

Melissa- I am not angry at you. I am hurt that people view my situation in a negative way. I continued to post on this board because I thought I was helping people not hurting them. My leaving is not a direct response to our pm's. I dont want anyone to think that either. Yes I was hurt by some of your words but I know they were not meant in a mean or malicious way. You were trying to show the flip side and I understand that.

Lets just drop this. I never even wanted Melissa's name mentioned. I just wanted to say goodbye that's it (my post was in anger but still i think its best)...i dont need everyone coming down on me. This was my home for a very long time but I feel out of place here and Im sorry for all the drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDah View Post
I don't think we se it as hurtful, but I bet everyone of us can admit we are a little jealous. We would ALL love to have a baby without all the help, and even when we do get preggo, there is still that jealousy about wishing we didn't have to go this route.

i did get a lot of help it just never worked..i tried iui's and ivf and they never worked.

December 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Angel_Maker
I am so hurt to see that this is taking place Christin, I'm so sorry that you were hurt by comments that were made, and Melissa, I'm sorry that your comments were taken in a negative way.

My heart aches over this because you are BOTH such an important part of this board!! Christin, I don't know what was said, but you are NO LESS a member of TTCwMA just because Bryar was conceived without it. He is a total blessing and such a miracle and everytime I see his precious face in your siggy it makes me smile!!

I think we have a wonderfully supportive group of ladies here and I hope that no one ever feels as though they are not welcome. We have ALL struggled with infertility (some more than others) but the HURT is the same. A mother that does 6 rounds of Clomid before her is just as validated as the woman who does IVF.

I don't want negativity on this board. This is a SUPPORT group. Please girls, we know that our intentions (and the intentions of others) are good. Please keep that in mind when posting/responding to threads.

I love you all
December 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Christin, as you know I was here when you were here so long ago and I related a lot to your situation b/c you and I were in a similar boat with bad eggs if I remember correctly. I identified with you so much. I will miss you and that precious boy in your siggy - he always makes me smile. I agree with what Brandi said that a mommy that does 6 rounds of clomid or IVF and then has a naturally conceived baby does not mean you didn't work just as hard for your little boy. I still post here to bring knowledge where I can help since I was a member so long and I hope that you continue to post to bring knowledge too. If you are not staying, let me know where else you post so I can still see your siggy to make me smile!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 7th, 2009, 03:52 PM
this is my fault. I made a post on a a newbies post that I felt her comment was a little hurtful to post on an infertility board. I told her I meant no harm by it and then went on to answer her question. Her post rubbed me the wrong way, maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning I dont know but I couldnt keep my mouth shut. and thats how this whole ordeal started.

After a couple comments I really started to think that maybe i DO hurt others by posting here... i know when my emotions were very raw that it hurt a lot to see other's success's.

i've been thinking about drawing back for awhile..i've been a member for almost 3yrs now.

This is a great board and I dont want to add drama to it, i know everyone is stressed out enough as it is. Please forgive me.
December 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Angel_Maker
I love you Christin, seriously, and I if you want to take a step back, that's totally understandable, but please don't leave for good. You are such an inspiration and just an awesome friend---the board just won't be the same without you
December 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really don't know what happened but I just want you to know Christin that you have been a wonderful support to me over the last year. I can always count on you for words of wisdom as a BTDT TTCMAer... I could care less that your precious boy was conceived with out MA! In fact... that in itself is the biggest jolt of hope that one could ask for. It happened for YOU and that means that maybe one day it will happen for me, with MA or without it!

*** And Melissa... you should know that you HAVE helped make this board one of the BEST places to come for support and love. This is my family and I don't know what I would do without you guys!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search