Need your thougths and prayers

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH would be upset that I am posting with what has happened, but I desperately need some support.

Yesterday morning I tested and got a bfn. I had something at work today that I really didn't want to cancel, so I called my clinic and asked if I could just get the b/w yesterday. It came back negative. I stop progesterone because I was already spotting and have what happears to be my period. Then this morning my actual nurse calls and explains that for insurance purposes, they need me to test at day 14 or later. So I go and test.

They call me. HCG comes back at 15. Needless to say I was in complete shock. I go to my doctors and he says that with this low a number it's likely a chemical pregnancy, that implantation has occured, but this won't be a viable pregnancy. He says there is a 5% chance of this being an actual pregnancy. My blood will be retested on Wednesday (although they wanted to wait until Thursday) because I'm leaving Wednesday on vacation.

So, they said I had a 5% chance of anything with the original 4 cell embryo.

And now a 5% chance of this being a real pregnancy.

I am NOT going to let this get me down. I restarted the progesterone and I am praying that I just had a late implanter and this guy is going to start snuggling in and growing. I know that it doesn't look good since I've been bleeding, but I really could use all the thoughts and prayers and good vibes that you guys could send me. I've been on such an emotional rollar coaster. When the nurse called and said what my HCG level was I couldn't even speak. As she started the call, I interrupted and said "I know I'm not pregnant, so please don't feel bad." And she stops and says "well actually..."

I don't know what to think. Melissa, your number was low on day 14 too, right? Were you spotting or bleeding at all?

I just don't know what to think. Please pray for me. I just want this to work so badly.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh gosh Addie I am so glad to hear from you. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I am sending you bunches of doubling and sticky vibes. If you can't update us will you please have Melissa post for you.

I will continue to keep you and your little bean in my prayers.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
awww ADDIE!! I HOPE THIS IS IT.. just know that I spotted A LOT through my first trimester.. What was your progesterone level?? I AM PRAYING FOR YOU GIRL!!! FINGERS CROSSED!! YOU HAVE TO KEEP US POSTED!!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about fell off of my chair! This must be the month for miracles on the TTCMA board!

My 14 DPO beta was 11.8. At 16DPO it was only 12.4. I did not have bleeding or spotting, but I'd say you are most definitely NOT out yet, Addie.

I know exactly how you are feeling...totally confused and overwhelmed. I wouldn't wish a low beta on my worst enemy, because the waiting and wondering is excruciating.

Here's something to think about, though. How do they know that these slow-starters don't happen all the time. The average, healthy pregnant woman doesn't see a doctor for a pregnancy until 8, 10, or even 12 weeks along. How do they know what their beta numbers were? It is possible that this happens way more often than 5% of the time, but they just don't know because not everyone gets these tests. I have also read (will try to find article) that it is very common for IVFers to have lower beta numbers than women who conceive naturally. I can't remember the explanation off of the top of my head, but when I read it, it made me feel better.

I am going to be sending you every single ounce of sticky dust I have, Addie, and I am hoping that this has a very happy ending. I'm here anytime if you need to talk, too

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you guys so much. I'm so upset with myself for stopping the progesterone yesterday. I hope I didn't cause this to miscarry. I'm filled with so much grief and confusion right now. I figured yesterday if the blood test showed nothing then it was definitely nothing. I'm so upset.

Melissa, what did your doctor say your chances were? I'm completely confused right now and scared that by stopping the progesterone, I killed any chance I might have had.

I forgot to ask what my progesterone level was, and just called and left a message asking. So I will update when I know.

Please please please. I just want this to be a miracle.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
December 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarngirl View Post
Thank you guys so much. I'm so upset with myself for stopping the progesterone yesterday. I hope I didn't cause this to miscarry. I'm filled with so much grief and confusion right now. I figured yesterday if the blood test showed nothing then it was definitely nothing. I'm so upset.

Melissa, what did your doctor say your chances were? I'm completely confused right now and scared that by stopping the progesterone, I killed any chance I might have had.

I forgot to ask what my progesterone level was, and just called and left a message asking. So I will update when I know.

Please please please. I just want this to be a miracle.
Addie, I take progesterone with all my pregnancies. I had recurrent losses before I had Jeremy so they had me start taking progesterone. When I got pregnant with Jeremy I was bleeding and I don't mean just a little. I didn't start the progesterone until I found out I was pregnant.

I don't think the progesterone would drop out of your system that quickly. Go read up on that but I think the half life on these injections is pretty long. You got started right back on it so try not to panic yourself over that.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
:d ust:

Sending all the sticky dust I can! Grow little bean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
December 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! I didn't expect to read this at ALL! I'm so happy for you right now

Just so you know....at my 10 week u/s I had a blood clot that formed, they said it was because when the blast burrowed in the blood just pooled and then collected. They told me NOT TO GET UPSET if I started bleeding because it would be the clot making it's way out. The sonographer told me that this actually happens quite often in early pregnancy! Since my clot was high in my uterus, they thought it would dissolve before it came out and it dissolved itself as of last week. The sonographer said that when the clot is closer to the cervix, it tends to find its way out and often causes alarm in very early.

Of course, I have no idea if this is the case for you.....but holy moly!!! I really hate to say this to you, but hurry up and get your vacation over with so we can get some more results!!!
December 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAgs View Post
OMG!!! I didn't expect to read this at ALL! I'm so happy for you right now

Just so you know....at my 10 week u/s I had a blood clot that formed, they said it was because when the blast burrowed in the blood just pooled and then collected. They told me NOT TO GET UPSET if I started bleeding because it would be the clot making it's way out. The sonographer told me that this actually happens quite often in early pregnancy! Since my clot was high in my uterus, they thought it would dissolve before it came out and it dissolved itself as of last week. The sonographer said that when the clot is closer to the cervix, it tends to find its way out and often causes alarm in very early.

Of course, I have no idea if this is the case for you.....but holy moly!!! I really hate to say this to you, but hurry up and get your vacation over with so we can get some more results!!!
Thank you Lee Ann. I DIDN'T expect to post this either. I was really just annoyed to have to get my blood drawn again. I'm in shock. Complete shock.

This is interesting because the blood has been clotty, which never happens to me. Yesterday it was very pink and more like CM and today it was clotty. But I did have bad cramps yesterday and so I really just thought it was AF.

I don't know what to think. The doctor kept saying: the good news is you are pregnant. And so we know you can get pregnant.

But, I don't know if I'll stay pregnant and I don't know whether to feel happy or sad. I'm so confused. I'm just so confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
Addie, I take progesterone with all my pregnancies. I had recurrent losses before I had Jeremy so they had me start taking progesterone. When I got pregnant with Jeremy I was bleeding and I don't mean just a little. I didn't start the progesterone until I found out I was pregnant.

I don't think the progesterone would drop out of your system that quickly. Go read up on that but I think the half life on these injections is pretty long. You got started right back on it so try not to panic yourself over that.

Thanks Patty. This makes me feel a little better and gives me hope. I just hope the bleeding stops. My god, Please I want this to be it. I can't even believe that little four cell made it this far.

December 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarngirl View Post
. He says there is a 5% chance of this being an actual pregnancy. .
see that kinda annoys me He is not god!!! Fingers crossed KUP

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Addie, I'm glad you popped in. My RE says anything over 2 in a BFP. I'm hoping you have a late implanter. Please post on Wednesday what your numbers were. I will be dying to know. I hope you have a fabulous time on your vacation. I'm thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brynnkelley04 View Post
Oh Addie, I'm glad you popped in. My RE says anything over 2 in a BFP. I'm hoping you have a late implanter. Please post on Wednesday what your numbers were. I will be dying to know. I hope you have a fabulous time on your vacation. I'm thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

I won't be able to post on Wednesday because by the time they call with the results, I'll be out of the country. But, I'll try to email Melissa and ask her to post (if she doesn't mind?).

Thank you all so much.

December 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wishing you lots of luck and hoping your bub is just a little bit pokey too!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 7th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Angel_Maker
OMG ADDIE!!!! You will totally be in my prayers hunnie!!!! WOW!!! I'm just speechless!! Please keep us posted!!
December 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMGoodness Addie, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. I will send up tons of prayers that your little bean sticks! I am really hoping that this IS the season of miracles!!! Sending you the universe full of sticky !!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
December 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
ADDIE!! OMG OMG - I saw your post in TTC#1 and I was coming here to give you hugs, but now I'm coming here to jump up and down and give you excited cheering hugs!

Oh I so hope you get good numbers! I've heard very often that IVF numbers are WAY lower than others...

This might help you feel better, too : Beta values main chart

These are beta survey results from SUCCESSFUL pregnancies - meaning they saw a HB at 6 weeks or later.

And while "average" beta hCG levels for 14DPO are 101... The lowest the survey saw was 2 - no, thats not a typo. T-W-O! 2! And that resulted in a successful pregnancy! So you ARE within the range that results in real sticky BFPs!!!

Oh I am saying prayers for you every second here, girlie... Promise us you'll update us ASAP please!!!
December 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addie! I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing! I hope that everything will be fine because it probably took longer than their "average" since it was just 4-cell to begin with maybe it is just taking it a little while. I cannot imagine what you are going through, I would be INSANE. Going through all the MA then not being pregnant, then being pregnant but they have such a crappy outlook. I hope that all will be more than fine and hope you enjoy your trip, too!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
December 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh Addie, I would be honored to keep everyone updated on your progress!

I wouldn't worry a bit about the progesterone, Addie. I quit mine at 16DPO because I was told Pokey was nonviable. My levels never dropped, and I haven't re-started the progesterone. I don't think you caused anything or hurt your chances of this turning out well.

i also have to say that your doctor and mine must read from the same playbook. Mine also told me that it was wonderful that I was ever pregnant in the first place. He said if you take a group of women who have been pregnant but miscarried and a group of women who have never been pregnant and look at them 10 years down the road, the women who have been pregnant before have a MUCH, MUCH better chance of conceiving again and carrying a baby to term. No matter what the outcome of this cycle (and I'm hoping it is wonderful), it is absolutely fantastic that you are pregnant.

I know you are in a really tough spot...you don't know whether to be excited or not. I was too scared to be excited at first, but then decided to celebrate every single day that I was pregnant. I hope you can find some joy in this...you deserve it!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Addie I'm going to be praying for you constantly until your next levels come back!!!!!!!!!!! I pray that this is it for you and you get your miracle. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!
December 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Addie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has got to be the best news EVER!!!!!!!! I am sending you ALL of the sticky bean dust that I have!!!!

I told you... you have a fighter on your hands!!!! Can't wait for an update when you get back!!!!

:d othug:

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search