Beta results = not good

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a bad girl on Friday! Against what everyone was telling me, I went for a blood test. Then when I started spotting on Sat, I totally figured I was out, and kind of forgot about the whole thing.

Anyway, this AM when I scheduled my bloodwork for today, the nurse said my HCG was 3 on Friday. That makes sense b/c I tested Fri and had a BFN.

Spotted Sat/Sun and finally tested + on Monday.

Anyway, I got my results from today's bloodwork and it was only 6. Quite frankly, I think I got my BFP on the tail end of this very short pregnancy. I bet my levels were higher yesterday to have gotten two BFPs on two different tests.

Anyway, my RE wants me to have a repeat draw on Thursday. I talked to a different nurse than usual and she was so sweet! She said she was praying for this to work out for me. She said she has seen low, low beta numbers w/bleeding turn out to be fine...BUT she also said that being honest, this doesn't look good and I should prepare for the worst.

I pretty much already have. 3 to 6 in 4 days doesn't sound good at all, especially when you factor in the spotting/bleeding. I'm not really bleeding, though, it's just pinky/red/brown when I wipe. I haven't had a true "flow" yet but I am sure that will come.

So--the good news is I CAN get pregnant. On some small level, that makes me very happy. It's just hard to think about that now when I really was feeling pretty excited yesterday.

I have never felt this way before....it is a very sad feeling, that I know many of you know all too well.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so so so sorry. Please know I understand and you're in my thoughts. Please PM or email if you need anything. This sucks.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm so sorry to hear this, but miracles do happen. Remember, Melissa's beta dropped, I think! and we're praying her little Pokey continues to thrive. We've got the same prayers going for you. I know it must be difficult, but hopefully the time will fly by until Thursday and you can get more answers, one way or another. ((HUGS)) and here's to hoping this will be yet another TTCMA miracle baby!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 8th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh sweetie I am sorry. I will keep praying for you.

December 8th, 2009, 11:30 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing beta numbers. On the bright side, your numbers did double so it could be that you are just getting this done really really early in your pregnancy. I had a lot of bleeding when I was pregnant with Jeremy so I always try to share my experience. I thought for sure I was going to miscarry because I was having so much bleeding that I had to wear a pad and it was like a light period. It was definitely not just a little spotting. I had a lot of cramping too.

I am going to think sticky thoughts for you. Try to be hopeful. Are you going back for another beta in a couple days?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, Patty, I go back on Thurs AM for a repeat beta.

That gives me some hope that you experienced bleeding in pregnancy and all was fine. I called a friend of mine last night and she said that sh had spotting/bleeding in 2 of her 4 pregnancies. With her second son, she bled all through her first tri.

BUT still...I have a feeling my numbers were higher yesterday, hence the positive tests. I think my HCG is already on its way down. In a way, I am glad I DID test b/c otherwise I might not have known I was even pg.

December 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCagain View Post
Yes, Patty, I go back on Thurs AM for a repeat beta.

That gives me some hope that you experienced bleeding in pregnancy and all was fine. I called a friend of mine last night and she said that sh had spotting/bleeding in 2 of her 4 pregnancies. With her second son, she bled all through her first tri.

BUT still...I have a feeling my numbers were higher yesterday, hence the positive tests. I think my HCG is already on its way down. In a way, I am glad I DID test b/c otherwise I might not have known I was even pg.
I have to tell you from my sister's experiments with hpts, those FRER are very very sensitive. She got bfps on them when her betas were around 6 with FRER. So don't rule out the possibility that your levels are going up. I do think it is good to be prepared but you also have to be hopeful.

With Jeremy, I had bleeding until I was about 12 weeks. The entire first half of my pregnancy with him was totally stressful.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there sweetie! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry, this sounds very much like my last cycle where I got a faint BFP at home and my beta was very low (I don't recall the number, it was in the 20s) and then raised a couple of points and then my bleeding started. It was a chemical pregnancy.

I don't want to be doom and gloom and I always hold out hope for the miracle until it's confirmed otherwise. I just know, having been through this a few times myself, that being realistic always worked best for me. You have a fantastic outlook and focusing on the positive is the best way to get through this. All the best to you!

December 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I am trying to be realistic, but after what happened to me this cycle, I can't help but be hopeful. My numbers went from 11.8 to 12.4 in 48 hours, so you going from a 3 to a 6 is much better than that! I am crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers that this works out for you. (((HUGS))) I am so sorry you are having to endure this torture, and I hope you have some answers very soon.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping for the best and sending positive thoughts your way!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say I'm sending lots of good wishes your way ........

December 8th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You girls are the best! Thank you! I cannot imagine going through the roller-coaster of TTCMA without this forum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search