Too pushy? ** updated **

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So my ob/gyn doc had spoke with the RE to get set up with seeing him...his nurse emailed me promptly with an appt. date, (12/15) I freaked out & told her via email that maybe Jan. would be best. This happened exactly 1 wk ago today. I STILL have not heard back from the nurse after sending her 2 emails. Yesterday I gave in & called the office asking to speak with her & she was in clinic. The receptionist was going to give her the message to call me but no call Do you think its too pushy to call over there again sometime today ??? I dont like being ignored but also hate being a pesty patient (myself being a nurse I know the other side of how patients can be)

Last edited by jenisuzy; December 9th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
December 9th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you just make the appt. yourself by calling the receptionist?

I would be annoyed, too! Is there any reason to think that maybe she's not getting your emails for some reason?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 9th, 2009, 06:22 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ Ditto! I do understand not wanting to be pushy but at the same time they SHOULD be returning your calls so in this instance I think you are 100% justified. I'd call them back myself & even tell them you have been trying to get in touch with her for several days now & she has not called you back & that you really need to talk to her.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
This has to be frustrating! For me, it would be a red flag... if they are difficult to get a hold of NOW when things are simple, how hard will it be to get answers or responses when you are in the midst of a cycle or really need them?

I'd schedule the appointment without her input. When you get there, make sure you let her know you tried for several days and she did not reply and this can't happen through your tests or cycles... what can you /she do to make sure this doesn't happen again? (and blah blah blah)...

I hope you get an appointment set up soon!

ETA: love those greyhounds! Did you rescue them? They look so sweet

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
For me, it would be a red flag... if they are difficult to get a hold of NOW when things are simple, how hard will it be to get answers or responses when you are in the midst of a cycle or really need them?
I would be worried if they can't get back to you for a simple appointment change.

Hope you get a hold of them soon!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 9th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
i would call again with no hesitation

December 9th, 2009, 08:58 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have never contacted my clinic by email. I think making a phone call would be faster and definitely not pushy. I call my clinic all the time and they never make me feel bad. I would just call!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok Girls ****UPDATE ************
When I got to work, my first incoming phone call was the RE's nurse. She apologized for not getting back to me right away, they've been extremely busy & are trying to take in extra patients from another doc who is moving. It really got me super duper excited just talking to her. DH & I are going on Tues 12/15 @10am !!!! Yay !!!!!! Should be interesting to find out what he has to offer. I feel a bit overwhelmed, are there certain questions I should be sure to ask ????? I already have my charts printed off & ready to show him. Thanks a bunch

PS- Gwynne, yes we did adopt our 3 greyhounds, they are the most wonderful little animals ... I'd have more if I could !

December 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY

Glad you got your appointment all set... can't wait to hear what he has to say and what your BFP plan will be!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome!

I would definitely expect to have the routine RE checkup--bloodwork, post-coital exam, HSG, possible laparoscopy, SA for DH, etc.

Glad you've got the ball rolling!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh thats good news. I am glad you are getting in.

My best advise is take a notepad and pen. And have your questions written down because I always forget.

December 10th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCagain View Post
Awesome!

I would definitely expect to have the routine RE checkup--bloodwork, post-coital exam, HSG, possible laparoscopy, SA for DH, etc.

Glad you've got the ball rolling!

DH did an SA on 10/16/09 -showed slightly abnormal results: morph. 26% (norm >30%) & also the viability was 54% (norm >75%)

I've had a sonohysterogram which was normal, & bloodwork that included TSH & Prolactin, both of those were normal but my progesterone was only 6 so that's why she put me on Clomid. (currently trying cycle 3 of 50mg)

I know with those results my ob/gyn had already talked to this RE & her words coming from him was that we'd do best with IUI. She mentioned that a few months ago .... now that we are meeting with the RE ourselves, in person, I'm anxious to find out what else he has to say/offer. I'm not sure what the post-coital exam is ?? Can you explain ?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search