Appt tomorrow blizzard conditions stressed out (xposted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 05:55 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
We are supposed to be having blizzard conditions here starting this evening and into tomorrow. I am REALLY nervous about having to drive to my appt tomorrow. Dh said he would drive me but I would rather not have to drive at all tomorrow. I just called my doctor's office to see if they could see me today instead. I don't know if that is possible or if that will screw things up. I am still trying to get my dh outside to clear my driveway. He is being a slow poke about it. My Fed Ex package is coming this morning and I don't want them to not deliver it.
December 9th, 2009, 06:16 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been thinking of the same scenarios for me if we start IVF in January or February... it's a far drive (not as far as some ladies here!) and that's the worst of the weather for us.

I hope it works out for you!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

December 9th, 2009, 06:18 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to drive in that! I wouldn't either! I'm so glad I live in the south where we don't have to worry about that often. We rarely get snow & it's even rarer that it accumulates!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 9th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope they can just see you today instead! KUP. Where do you live btw? I'm wondering if your weather is headed our way....I am in the midwest and it is FREEZING and the wind has been howling!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 9th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCagain View Post
I hope they can just see you today instead! KUP. Where do you live btw? I'm wondering if your weather is headed our way....I am in the midwest and it is FREEZING and the wind has been howling!
I live in Michigan and it looks like we are expecting up to a foot of snow. I am thinking if she will call me back I will just see if they can make my appt tomorrow for later in the day so I will have more time to drive there.
December 9th, 2009, 06:45 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! I've never had to drive in heavy snow before, but if you do go....drive safe!
December 9th, 2009, 07:18 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I hope it's a safe drive, Patty. You are getting our weather, and we didn't get nearly the amounts they forecasted, but it is STILL frigid cold (-6 now). You are a bit further north, and that may mean more accumulation, so I hope those plows are out and the roads are clear for you! Try to get it for later in the day, but also try not to make it too late so you drive home in the dark. We don't want anything to happen!

I hope it's a GREAT appointment and you have super results so far.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Man I hate this terrible weather. We have a tractor with a snow plow to clear the driveway. Well dh got it halfway cleared and the clutch went out. So now I am freaking out that Fed EX won't be able to deliver my meds. I just called them and asked if they could call so that we could meet them at the end of our driveway. We have a really long driveway so if I were them I wouldn't go down it with the kind of snow we have. So now I am just sitting and waiting.

I hope dh can figure out how to fix the tractor because I don't even know if we will be able to get out of the dang driveway tomorrow. I HATE SNOW!!! Hate it! Hate it! Hate it!

This was the one thing I was worried about with doing IVF in December. I hope that the dr's office doesn't find me annoying or worry that I won't be able to do what needs to be done for our retrieval. I think we are going to get a hotel room the night before our retrieval so we don't have to stress. We live about an hour away but when it snows an hour can be two hours ya know.

I wish the nurse would call me back. I am not functioning well between waiting on Fed Ex and waiting on her.
December 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there Patty... if anything, I'm sure pushing your appointment back a day won't affect much.

Hope FedEx cooperates as well!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Okay being the spazz that I am, I called the office back. I asked them if they could just make my appt for tomorrow a little bit later so I had extra time to get in. I am going to have dh drive me tomorrow. I normally drive myself but I just am too scared to drive in this. So instead of going at 9:45 it will be at 10:30. So cross your fingers that tomorrow we don't drive off into any ditches and that the appt goes well. Oh and that Fed Ex gets here soon.
December 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hoe that FedEx man shows up soon, Patty, and I'll be sending you safe-travel dust tomorrow!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

December 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don;t know how bad the weather is upp where you are but we do not even have an inch in Lansing. It's just really cold and windy. Were they able to get you in today?

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brynnkelley04 View Post
I don;t know how bad the weather is upp where you are but we do not even have an inch in Lansing. It's just really cold and windy. Were they able to get you in today?
We have probably 4 inches or so here. I think we are a little outside of this storm but we are still supposed to get up to 6 inches here. I think Grand Rapids may be getting up to a foot.

Fed Ex did get here with my meds so I feel a lot better. I need to quit freaking out so much.
December 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM
adamsgirl
Patty I was worried about that with my appt today... I live 2 hours away from my Dr. and the office is in Gurnee, IL which is really far north IL, like almost Wisconsin and I was soooo worried the roads would be bad, I called the day before and was like uhhh what do I do if it's horrible out and they said they will be there no matter what and to just take my time and get there safe, I think they're pretty used to people like us calling, they were pretty reassuring LOL. I had a 6:30 appt. so I left at 4:00 and it wasn't nearly as bad as they said it was going to be. It was very windy and that slowed me down a little, but the roads were fine. I had my mom go with cuz I was worried about the drive, so I don't blame you for having DH go!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search