Thursday Truths

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Angel_Maker
Share something that people IRL may not know about you!

Here's mine: I cannot stand the holidays at my ILs!!!! It's loud, obnoxious, unorganized and overall CHAOTIC!!! Kids are running around without any adult supervision, being disobedient and unruly. Their PARENTS are toasted and NOT watching them the way that they should. That leaves DH and I just sitting there scratching our heads and wondering how in the H3LL they were able to have kids and we can't .....UGH!! It makes me mad just thinking about it!
December 10th, 2009, 07:41 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Awww... Brandi! I wish it were a better experience for you ((HUGS)).

A truth about me? Jeeze... I'll do a positive one about my job: I'm an organizational psychologist and I have 4 books published! I work primarily with project managers and I LOVE my job, but when the economy stinks, my job really suffers. and lo and behold, this year is horrible and next year doesn't look great. This really hurts when it costs so much for TTCMA, so we're buckling down.

It'll be fun to learn a little about each of you

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, this is a tough one.

I am fairly petite---not quite 5'4". BUT I was this height in 5th grade! I gew early and from about 2nd through 6th grade I was a good head taller than everyone in my class! I was totally convinced I was going to be a giant, like 7 ft or something.

But my pediatrician said he didn't think so because when I was born, and up until about kindergarten, I was always on the lower end of the growth charts. He said your height when you are LITTLE is the best predictor for your adult height. And sure enough, he was right b/c I am usually shorter than most people.

Aren't you all fascinated?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
well my height when I was little is not much to go on, neither was my weight. I was the tall one for the babies in my family, and I am 5'3" but i am the talest except my older brother who has 2 inches on me.

My truth, although my family all thinks I am still really religious and go to church, I haven't gone reguarily since I was married 4 1/2 years ago. I haven't even looked for a church here in CA yet.

December 10th, 2009, 10:54 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I can't remember when I was 5'4"! I'm 6'1" and was this height since I was 16!!! Not a small 6'1" either. Once I realized I was good at volleyball and basketball, I loved being tall. And then the boys actually started to sprout too, so life was good

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to chime in only b/c I'm tall too Get asked frequently "how tall are you?"
5'11" but small compared to my brothers & dad who are all 6'6 & 6'7". Well DH & I are both the oldest, he has 2 younger sisters, I have 3 younger brothers. That's my tidbit for the day

December 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
well my mom is only 4'10" and her mom is 4'6", so I am TALL for my family. But dh is about 6 foot and we hope he can give some of that to our kids. and he is super skinny too

December 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hmmm, what don't you know about me?!? I have my scuba diving license, which I think is pretty cool. I don't get to dive as often as I'd like (that's what I get for living in the Midwest!), but I really enjoy it when we get to go.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Angel_Maker
Ok....this is a weird one, and only a couple people IRL know this-----> I HATE spoons!!! I do not like eating with them and only use them when I HAVE TO (cereal basically) People have given me the strangest looks when it comes to it.... I have NO IDEA **why** they bother me so much!!!
December 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brandi... that is really strange!

Hmmm... something about me that people IRL don't know...

probably that I'm terrified that I'll never know what it's like to be pregnant.

Something you ladies might not know - some of you might know this...

I grew up in Maui

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I ended up with a master's in social work doing therapy for awhile, but I started out in Anthropology. I had a pretty prestigious internship at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History, in the physical anthropology department. Have you ever watched the show Bones? Well, it's based on where I interned. Except way the show was WAY more polished, and the forensic stuff took a back burner to regular anthropology. I did a research project on an abnormality of the human shoulder blade.

I have quite a collection of photos of weird things seen in skeletal remains that I ran across in college and at the museum.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 11th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Angel_Maker
Rebecca! That's really cool!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search