Home from my appt (xposted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 10:24 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Had another u/s today. I am really not sure how I am doing here. First of all, this morning's drive was stressful. Dh did not end up driving me to my appt.

It took me an hour and 45 minutes (It normally takes an hour) to get there thanks to the snow but I got there on time and in one piece.

She did the ultrasound and didn't really tell me anything as she was doing it. So I asked her to tell me what my numbers looked like. So she said I had 6ish follicles on each side. So I am guessing the same as last time. And they were still really small around 8mm. So, after three days of meds they have grown 1mm. I don't think that is good. But, I don't know what to expect here. I am supposed to go back on Saturday morning and have another ultrasound/bloodwork.

Then, it took me two hours to get home. The roads were bad bad bad! I got on I96 and saw everything coming to a stand still. This is why. Accidents due to snowy, icy conditions | WOOD TV8 I was there at just after 11 so I must have just missed seeing the accident. I could see something big was going on but couldn't tell what had happened because I am telling you it was snowy!

After about 20 minutes they had everyone turn around and go down the on ramp to get back off the interstate. I guess they closed the interstate down for a while.

Then on the drive home, the nurse called. My estrogen levels are at 316. I am guessing this is progress because they were 70 on Monday. I am to keep taking 375 iu of Gonal-F today and tomorrow and then I think if my u/s goes well they will have me start the other meds on Saturday.

So that is my update for today.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 10th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know a ton about IVF but it sounds like you're on track!

I'm glad you made it to and from your appt. safely--I hate driving in the snow!

Hopefully your Sat. u/s will show that those follies are growing nicely!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 10th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I don't know your dr, but I really get the feeling she isn't very personal with you. I think that would really get to me, I mean it did. I had an RE like that and I couldn't do it.

And, I didn't realize you were in MI, I am from Sterling Heights.

December 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your commute was a pain! Thank Goodness you got there and home safely! I'm not sure about the particulars of IVF (yet), but I am rooting for you and hope that your next u/s gives you fantastic news!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDah View Post
I don't know your dr, but I really get the feeling she isn't very personal with you. I think that would really get to me, I mean it did. I had an RE like that and I couldn't do it.

And, I didn't realize you were in MI, I am from Sterling Heights.
Sorry that I gave that impression. I really like my doctor. My doctor is not a she. I see a guy doc and he is very nice. I saw the nurse this time and not the doctor that is why I said she. I guess I should have said this in my post. I am kind of rambly sometimes and leave things out.

I have never seen this nurse before but I thought she was really nice. She is not the nurse I normally see. (I have never seen her before.)

They did not make me feel like there were any problems with my visit today. I think that is all me. I am a really big worrier so I tend to get ahead of myself.

December 10th, 2009, 11:53 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I bet you'll have an explosion of follie growth soon. I've come to the conclusion that some women have this sudden burst when things seem to be going too slowly. Your E2 levels are climbing nicely, so I'd say you are on track for great things.

I heard WI is getting hammered and assume MN is too. So sorry you had to drive in this and it's a GREAT thing you missed the accident. Whew! Here's to hoping the drive on Sat. is MUCH better!!! Looking forward to another update

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Patty, I know how stressful it is but please don;t worry. My numbers were very slow to rise but after 5 days of meds they really started to rise and my eggs grew like crazy. Don't get to down. You don't need the stress. You should be fine, give it another day or so and I'm sure they will go up like mine did.

As for the driving I know it was crazy on my way to work today. I HATE MICHIGAN!

I look forward to seeing your progress over the next few days

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh gosh, Patty! I'm glad that you made the trip safely!

Your numbers sound great to me...my first two blood draws were 98 and 368, so you're just a little behind where I was. Follies are funny...they'll just sit there, and then all of the sudden they'll take off and grow. I bet you have a growth spurt right around the corner

I hope some of that snow melts before your next appointment!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Oh gosh, Patty! I'm glad that you made the trip safely!

Your numbers sound great to me...my first two blood draws were 98 and 368, so you're just a little behind where I was. Follies are funny...they'll just sit there, and then all of the sudden they'll take off and grow. I bet you have a growth spurt right around the corner

I hope some of that snow melts before your next appointment!!
Hey! Would you stop replying to things and post a dang update already!!!!

Oh and thanks for the encouragement. Didn't mean to sound rude.

December 10th, 2009, 03:07 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
^^ That's exactly what I was thinking! But she did reply now and we all know the good news!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the crummy drive today... I"m glad you are safe and sound!

It sounds like things are right on track, don't they say "Patience is a Virtue"

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search