My Lap is scheduled (and an intro)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
(I lurk here a lot, posted once or twice!)

Quick intro, My name's Lindsey, I'm married to Eric, and we have a 3 year old son, Caiden. We have been TTC #2 since September 2008.

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis in august, and added PCOS to that list at my last appointment on Dec. 2nd. They decided laparoscopy to remove my endo and cysts would be the best route for now, and then clomid the next cycle.

I had an HSG done in November with clear results, and my baseline showed a bunch of follies (and a few cysts). So this is frustrating.

January 4th I go in for my pre-op exam to make sure I am healthy enough. And then they go over the risks, paperwork and details.

January 5th at 12:30pm is my surgery, but I will be there at 10:00. Is it lame that I'm upset I have to fast through breakfast and lunch?! Ughhhhh. I'm sure I'll live though.

So, unless I get my BFP, this is whats happening!

Anyone had a Lap done before? How was it?

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am no help to you, as I haven't had a lap. But I know there are quite a few ladies that will be able to jump in and give you some pointers. Good luck with your procedure. I hope that you get your BFP soon!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 11th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They are a breeze! I've had two laps, and really, they are not bad at all. I understand being anxious--but you will be fine!

I had my first lap (to check for poss. endo, none found) in 2001. My second lap was just this past October (all clear) and---for what it's worth, I got pregnant the month after each lap. So who knows, maybe it will give you a boost

My lap. this past month was in the early afternoon, and it was a pain not having anytrhing to eat or drink after midnight. I was STARVING when I woke up!

The one thing I had an issue was---and there is not much you can DO for this, but just to be prepared---was shoulder pain in the days after. It was worse than the pain with my incisions, which was very minimal. The shoulder pain is b/c of gas/air making its way upwards through your body, pretty common after this type of procedure. I had to sleep at an angle, propped up on pillows for two nights. That really helped alleviate the pressure/pain feeling.

I don't mean to scare you, and it's not that bad---but it is def. something you should be prepared for. The more you walk around after surgery, the better, too...

I would say the day after my lap I was at about 75%, the next day at 80% and I was probably back to normal within 3-4 days.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search