Do you have.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you have a stash of baby stuff?
Yes a lot 7 50.00%
Yes but just a little 3 21.43%
Yes but have older child 0 0%
No 4 28.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Wait for poll
A baby stash? We have everything but the crib and the baby.
Also, note if you have kids already.

December 11th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted NO.

I have a daughter who is 7.5. My stepson is also 7.5.

We have nothing left from them when they were babies. My SS's mom has all his old baby stuff---but that's because she had another baby a few yrs ago; she actually called DH about it b/c he had some of their old baby stuff (bassinet, etc) in the basement and she wanted it back.

I got rid of most of DD's baby things---swing, crib, exersaucer, etc. I was very young when she was born and still in college and knew I would not be having another child for a long time---I was thinking 5-6 yrs. It's obviously turning out to be a lot longer.

I saved her bedding, though---blanket, bumper pads, crib sheets, etc. but that was for sentimental reasons. I also saved my favorite clothes of hers, but doubt they will get used again---first of all, I would have to have another girl and the timing/season would have to be the same. Given that if I get pg anytime in the next few months, I would be due in Sept-Dec. and DD was born in May, that is not looking likely.

So I voted no.

We will need pretty much everything----crib, carseat, stroller, clothes, toys, diaper bag, the whole deal! I'm sure I will have a baby shower---that is acceptable, isn't it, since it has been so long since I had a baby?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 11th, 2009, 08:32 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
It is a little embarassing how much stuff I already have. I pretty much have all the maternity stuff I'll need except for bras as I grow (no more A cup!!). As far as baby stuff, we already have a car seat, pack-n-play, clothes thru 6 months, some toys, and a lot of the little things that you need.

The good part is that I bought almost everything on sale, so I have saved us some money by shopping ahead!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
We have almost everything already. Every time i got my period i would collect something... I have 16 months worth of foraging.

December 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I vote A LOT. I have enough stuff for a boy or a girl for weeks to months. All I need is a car seat but I'm sure I will still keep buying more.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
If we have a girl we are good till about 3 years and have a lot up to size 6. I have all my little sisters clothes and I have had a couple friends with girls give me a ton of clothes. So we have about 12 bins in the garage. Ialso have one bin of stuffed animals and one bin that has bottles, frames, a few toys, blankets, and some other random things. I have a moby wrap, pack and play. I had a carseat but I donated it because now its almost 5 years old. We weren't expecting this to take forever, so I held onto it for awhile. I was given 3 cribs in all my trying, but I decided I wanted to buy a new one. I also have my antique dresses that will be for my baby at one point.

I have my sisters crib bedding, but I don't like it, so I am just keeping it till she is older knowing it would be destroyed if it stayed at my moms house.

December 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have nothing but a onesie that I will give to DH when we get our BFP.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
We have all girls stuff for my DD (turning 2 this month) but no boys things and no child bedroom stuff... So WHEN we get preggo again, we'll have to go shopping regardless and I'm praying for a healthy baby, but if it's a boy, we'll be ecstatic and shop even more

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
if we have a boy I have a seletc amount of things, but not much. My friend gave me just acouple of my favorites from her sons clothing and gave the rest to a friend who was having a little guy. I also have some older stuff from a woman who has twin boys, but its all 2 and 3T

December 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a little....before my bfp I had a blanket, diaper wreath (won at work), and a diaper bag. Since the bfp, we've added a few onsie's and 2 Aggie embroidered burp clothes. I'm going to start the diaper stash real soon though.
December 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nothing for me until I see those two lines... then I might go overboard!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 11th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Before we got our BFP we had pretty much everything but a baby. We have a crib, but it's a used one I bought when we babysat my cousin's boys so my mom decided they'll buy a new one for us. The only big thing that we need is a highchair. We had bought one, but I didn't care for it 100% and it matched my parent's kitchen so we gave it to them. We had a lot of things in 2s since we weren't sure how many we'd get pregnant with. But it worked out well. We have a swing on each level of our house. We also have a full sized swing, bouncy seat, and a pack-n-play at my parent's.
December 11th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i used to have the stroller/carseat and some pacis and a blanket..i sold it all though..so i marked no...felt like it was too difficult to see..when we hit one year of trying so now i get to get everything all brand new when i see that beautiful bfp!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search