Lurkers, Newbies, Regulars, & Grads!!! CHECK IN =)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Angel_Maker
It's time for another check in girls!! We have a lot of newbies ( ) so this is a great time to tell them a little about yourselves to help make them feel at home!!!

Name:

DH:

How long have you been TTC?

Do you have any children?

What treatments have you done?

What's your plan for this cycle?

Interesting Tidbit
December 14th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Kari

DH: Brian

How long have you been TTC? It's in my siggy but it's been over two years now. About 14ish months with MA.

Do you have any children? Nope, unless you count the furry-four-legged variety

What treatments have you done? Oh boy, We started off with just charting and TI, then found out I don't ovulate. So we tried Clomid and TI (x2), Clomid and IUI (x2), Femara (didn't respond). Then I graduated to my RE and I started Metformin and tried one more clomid and IUI cycle before moving on to injectables. I tried Repronex and IUI (x3), but two of those cycles were canceled to overstimuation. This last attempt was back to Clomid but upped to 100mg and IUI and AF just showed. There were a few more canceled cycles in and between there for cysts and non-response.

What's your plan for this cycle? We are closing the book on our MA journey for now... and are finally moving full force ahead with adoption. We hope to have our home study done by early next year

Interesting Tidbit: I grew up in Maui and miss it pretty much every day of my life. I wish we could move back there but the living expenses are just outrageous. Maybe someday I will get to retire to there! Until then, we try to go back every few years. My dad, my aunt and my uncle are still living out there and I have plenty of friends that moved back after going to college. It is so wonderful every time we get to go

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 14th, 2009, 04:50 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Glenda

DH: Brian

How long have you been TTC? 2 years

Do you have any children? No

What treatments have you done? Just taking Metformin

What's your plan for this cycle? Get my GTT done, and then see what the RE says...

Interesting Tidbit I am probably going to be doing IVM when the time comes, because I have PCOS. This link describes what IVM is:
In Vitro Maturation, IVM, IVF alternative - DVIF&G

December 14th, 2009, 05:22 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Name: Rebecca

DH: Dan

How long have you been TTC? I was TTC ~18 months

Do you have any children? Ethan, born still 2/09, Baby A, EDD 5/21/10

What treatments have you done? I conceived Ethan with Femara, and conceived Baby A with IUI plus injectibles

What's your plan for this cycle? I'm a grad, so no TTC for awhile

Interesting Tidbit: I am going to New Orleans this afternoon for my first vacation since starting to TTC!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 14th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Jordan

DH: Dan

How long have you been TTC? We are on month 25.

Do you have any children? Yep. We each have a 7 year old from a previous relationship. So this is an "interesting" (according to my RE) case of unexplained secondary infertility for us.

What treatments have you done? We started out with just Clomid. Then moved to 3 Clomid + Ovidrel IUI cycles. Then we tried naturally for the summer. Then I had a laparoscopy in October 2009 and did our first Follistim + Ovidrel + timed BDing cycle, which resulted in our FIRST Unfortunately, that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so we are taking a month off from meds. Will still try naturally, but will resume Follistim in January if nothing happens before.

What's your plan for this cycle? On a MA break due to chem. pregnancy, but still trying on our own. I will start using OPKs about CD9. We will just BD A LOT, since that worked for us last cycle!

Interesting Tidbit: Hmmmm. I can't think of anything! I'm boring.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 14th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Angel_Maker
Name: Brandi

DH: David

How long have you been TTC? Over 3 years...since September 2006

Do you have any children? YES!!! THREE My Angels in Heaven: Asher, Noah, Tres

What treatments have you done? EVERYTHING. Clomid, Femara, IUI, Menopur, Bravelle, IVF, Lap./Ovarian Drilling, Met....etc.

What's your plan for this cycle? NOTHING!!!! We're ADOPTING

Interesting Tidbit I'm a Mommy to conjoined twins which is EXTREMELY rare Also, I met my DH when I was 10 yrs. old...It was the first day of 6th grade....He was my first "true love". We broke up and had limited contact for about 6 years. I was engaged to someone else, and David walked back into my life; I left my fiance and never looked back
December 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Name: Alice

DH: Matt

How long have you been TTC? 16 months

Do you have any children? Angel baby Sora lost this past june

What treatments have you done? nothing, just charting and opks, and vitamins and soy... all the natural crap just starting MA

What's your plan for this cycle? HSG tomorrow, and SA for DH, then Clomid next cycle if my tubes are clear

Interesting Tidbit: I'm a night nurse, which is why a lot of my posts are at odd hours. I met my DH when I was 14 and he was 20 lol. We were totally clueless of the fact that we would meet again 4 years later and fall in love
We started TTC while on an Alaskan cruise. I fell in in love with Alaska, and we agreed that we will you Aleska as a girl's name, either first or middle. It's polish, like my hubby, and sounds like Alaska

Last edited by alicenwonderland; December 14th, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
December 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Shannon (HopeToBeAMom)

DH: Ryan

How long have you been TTC? We tried for over 3 years

Do you have any children? 3 (all 5 months old)

What treatments have you done? We did clomid, Laproscopic surgery, injectables and IUI and IVF with our eggs and finally donor eggs

What's your plan for this cycle? N/A

Interesting Tidbit Donor eggs finally led to my triplet boys!!! Keep up the fight ladies, if you are determined you will become a mommy somehow, someway!!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...#ixzz0Zg5vo23X (Lurkers, Newbies, Regulars, & Grads!!! CHECK IN =))

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
Name Sarah

DH Matt

How long have you been TTC? 30 months

Do you have any children? No. Never been pregnant either

What treatments have you done? 6 months of clomid. Having a laparoscopy and HSG in January and on the IVF waiting list which is about another 18 months

What's your plan for this cycle? nothing. Just continuing to TTC naturally.

Interesting tidbit Never thought I'd meet the love of my life. Met him when I was 30. We've got lots of mutual friends and my best friend and his best friend are brother and sister but we'd never met. I was engaged previously but then on my own for a couple of years. Considering our friends it's amazing that we'd never met....I'm a great believer in when the times right....hopefully it'll happen with TTC like that too
December 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: BRYNN

DH: RICH

How long have you been TTC? 4 1/2 YEARS

Do you have any children? 2 BOYS...MARCUS 9 1/2 YEARS AND GAVIN 6 IN 2 WEEKS

What treatments have you done? 2 IUI CYCLES, 1 IVF CYCLE-CANCELED

What's your plan for this cycle? NOTHING....IN BETWEEN IVF CYCLES

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

December 14th, 2009, 08:13 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Jackie

DH: Jon

How long have you been TTC? 2 years today.

What treatments have you done? 4 cycles of Clomid, HSG, Laparoscopy, Polpectomy, D&C, Chromotubation surgery to clear out some endo- I've been working with my RE since March '09.

What's your plan for this cycle? I'm 11dpo and the witch should be here Friday sometime. It was a natural cycle, with only CD 3 b/w and u/s, a sonohysterogram (required as part of my IVF pre-testing), and pre-IVF bloodwork. Next cycle is also a natural cycle until we make a decision on IVF.

Interesting Tidbit: Since DH and I have been married (over 5 years), I have never spent a night without him.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you said grads because I just can't leave this place!!!

Name: Becky

DH: Kevin

How long have you been TTC? Tried for a year exactly with a brain surgery thrown in the middle

Do you have any children? One in utero! Due June 19th

What treatments have you done? Hormone replacement, Menopur injections, trigger, IUI

What's your plan for this cycle? to STOP this 24 hour a day sickness!!!

Interesting Tidbit: I was the person who never wanted kids. I don't typically find babies cute. And then I waited quite a while to try to have them. I'll be 34 when this first baby is due. And I'm scared sh**tless!

December 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Name: Melissa

DH: Jon

How long have you been TTC? It took us 28 months to get a BFP

Do you have any children? Our little miracle is due July 27, 2010, and we have 5 snow babies

What treatments have you done? 6 IUIs, Clomid, a lap, and finally IVF

What's your plan for this cycle? Enjoy the night sickness and other pregnancy symptoms...I waited a long time to be miserable

Interesting Tidbit I work from home about 75% of the time, so I'm sitting here in my jammies watching the birds on my bird feeder out of my office window.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 14th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Angel_Maker
Melissa, July 27th is my birthday
December 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Name: Gwynne

DH: Sean

How long have you been TTC? On to 18th cycle (17 months) for #2

Do you have any children? Our DD will be 2 on 12/27!

What treatments have you done? 3 clomid cycles, 1 femara/gonal F, 1 gonal f/IUI and we're on to the second IUI. Had multiple cancelled cycles and "off" cycles because of cysts or E2 levels. Also had 9 cycles without MA with charting, OPK's, temping and the like.

What's your plan for this cycle? follistim/menopur, IUI hopefully on Christmas Eve morning!

Interesting Tidbit: I was born and raised in St. Louis and am an die hard Cardinals (baseball) fan: thus the Redbirds theme

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Suzanne (29)

DH: Andrew (27)

How long have you been TTC? A year and 8 months (8 months with MA)

What treatments have you done? Clomid for three cycles, had laproscopy revealing Endo in Sept - took a month off. Femara w/ HCG trigger.

What's your plan for this cycle? Well, in about three days I'll find out if I have a BFP or not. If not, I think we're going to plan on doing another cycle of the Femara w/ HCG trigger because that seemed to work as far as getting me ovulating goes.

Interesting Tidbit I have a pregnant friend who told me that you always get pregnant when you really don't want to, so you should do something that makes it so you can take the "I really can't get pregnant right now" mindframe. So to test this hypothesis, my DH and I went out and adopted two kittens from the rescue league three weeks ago. I absolutely adore them and they are a handful. So, we'll find out by the end of the week if the attage is true. LOL.
December 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Name: Samantha

DH: Joe

How long have you been TTC? N/A

Do you have any children? Yes, 1 DS, Johnathan

What treatments have you done? IVF

What's your plan for this cycle? DONOR CYCLE!!!!!!!!

Interesting Tidbit: I am about to begin my donor cycle so I can make a couple very happy

DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
December 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Lee Ann

DH: Matt

How long have you been TTC? 19 mos

Do you have any children? Not yet

What treatments have you done? IUI

What's your plan for this cycle? N/A

Interesting Tidbit: I love ICEE's!
December 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Name: Sarah

DH: Tim

How long have you been TTC? Since October 2006, so about 3 years, but havent been preventing since we miscarried in Septermber 2004

Do you have any children? No not yet

What treatments have you done? Temping, Monitor, Clomid, IUI wth injectibles, and IVF with injectibles.

What's your plan for this cycle? We are waiting to find out if our IVF worked this month. PRAYING for a BFP

Interesting Tidbit: I am a portrait photographer and my husband and I met when we were both in the Air Force

December 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Morgan

DH: Kyle

How long have you been TTC? Almost 2 years

Do you have any children? Nope

What treatments have you done? Clomid and then Femara and IUI

What's your plan for this cycle? Femara and Timed sex

Interesting Tidbit: I feel guilty just popping in and out like I do, I think I will be around more, my other hangout just feels a little to DDC/playroom ish!! Nothing against those girls, but there are only maybe 5 people who are actually TTC!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search