Jeez. My RE...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I don't know about this morning. It's been up and down!

I called my RE to schedule my cd3 for today. Got a call back 2.5 hours later saying we can't do a cycle because they are closed for holidays at 24th. I about freaked out and said, no no no!!! YOu have to see me and try. I am normally a fast responder and even if I'm slower because of bcp's, I have an extra 2 days in there...

After begging, reasoning, and about biting their head off, they agreed with the caveat that if I respond SLOW, there will be no IUI in time. Fine.

I am done with this RE after this, but I hope I'm done because of a BFP and not for any other reason!

So, we are on. I go in today at 330 and see what he says. I'm sure all my numbers will be right.

Anyone stim after bcp (no lupron)? How long did it take you to get your nice fat follies?

I'm so nervous for this cycle.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Never been on the birth control so I have no idea on that questions... but man, why are they so unreasonable. Didn't you go on BC to get on their freaking schedule!!!!!????????? I feel for you! I hope you get a BFP and find a nice new doctor to take care of you!
December 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Super Mommy
Gwynne, I am glad that you are changing RE's soon! I am glad that they are squeezing you in!! How frustrating.

I am probably not a good one to compare to, as I always had to get on bcp after failed IUI's to clear out cysts.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a PITA! I am glad you convinced them to let you try for this cycle, anyway!

I wasn't on BC but when I did my Follistim, I was ready to trigger at CD10! So hopefully you will be fast, too. Since you've been a quick responder in the past, I would *think* that would continue to be the case.

WORST case----if you are slow responding and they cancel your IUI, you could at least trigger and BD, right?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No advice, but I hope your body cooperates and you get that IUI this cycle!
December 14th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I had to do that when we did our IUI in January. It took about a week and we only had one stupid follicle. I know better now, but my dr never even upped my meds any to try to get more or bigger

December 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Angel_Maker
I hope you respond perfectly and that this cycle results in a much deserved and long awaited

And worse case scenario, I hope you move on to a MUCH BETTER RE
December 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Uggg. I'd be so annoyed too. This is stressful enough without having to worry about getting your body to cooperate on their time table. I'm a very slow responder (I stimmed for 16 nights) so I really am not one to look to for advice on this. I do think most people only need 10-12 days of stims at the most, whether coming off bcp or doing bcp/lupron cycle. I really hope that everything falls together nicely for you! You deserve it!!!!! I'll have everything crossed!!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I SOOOOOO hope and pray that your body (and that stupid RE of yours) cooperates and we can be celebrating your successful Christmas Eve IUI at the beginning of the new year!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search