Update on me! :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Girls! First, I'm back and so happy to be home. Our vacation was wonderful and I really needed the time away to just relax and not think. I was exhausted for most of the trip, but the sun and heat was exactly what I needed.

But, now....for what you really want to know!!! I am pregnant!!!! So since I'm confused at what I have posted, here's the quick summary... last Sunday I got a stark white bfn on an FRER at 13 dp retrieval. Because of work issues on Monday, I called my clinic to see if I could have my beta a day early. They said yes, and the HCG came back at flat zero. Then on Monday, my actual nurse called to say that the insurance coordinator said I had to take the test at 14 dp retrieval, so begrudgingly, I went back in for what I knew (or so I thought) would be a negative HCG. That came back at 15.4. I was also having what I thought was my period. My doctor told me he thought I was having a chemical pregnancy and was very negative about any real outcomes. I went in for my second beta the morning I left, and it was 45 (it tripled!!!). The bleeding had completely stopped by that point. Then I had my third beta this morning and it was 400 --- right where it should be!!! And when I went to see my doctor to get the results and discuss our plan, he started by saying: congratulations, you are pregnant!

So, needless to say this has been an emotional roller coaster of a week. I can't really believe it. I didn't get a positive on an FRER until 15dpo, but by this morning it was very dark. The whole time I was away, I kept waiting for AF to come or for the colors to get lighter. I had fleeting moments of thinking this was real, but tried to stay guarded. I cannot believe that little four cell embryo, which I was told had only a 5% chance of implanting, dug its way in there! My god, I can't believe this!

I have my first u/s on Friday and my doctor said for me to be cautiously optimistic until then. And I'm going to try to do that, but for the moment, I'd like to enjoy the fact that I am pregnant.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, emails and pms. It has meant so much to me to have such a supportive group of women in my corner. I don't know how I could have gotten through any of this without you guys. I'm of course going to stick around here, and cheer each of you on. And of coruse, I'm nervous that this isn't going to stick. But again, for now, I just want to be positive.

Thank you again. I love you all so much!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Addie big big big congrats!!! I am glad you had a great vacation with a great surprise!! I have been thinking about you!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
December 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so extremely happy and excited for you!

You so deserve to be a mommy, and I am sending you lots and lots of sticky dust!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

December 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy for you!!! And soo glad to see you back!!!

December 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I am so completely thrilled for you, Addie. You deserve a wonderful, healthy, happy 9 months I'm saving a spot for you in the Aug. DDC, so come on over whenever you're ready!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YEAH!!!!!!
I've been waiting for this update all day - I am beyond thrilled for you Addie, you've been through so much - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
December 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Super Mommy
Addie, I love seeing the baby ticker in your siggy!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful vacation. And I look forward to your baby updates!! When is your due date?

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Aww, Addie!!! So glad you had a fantastic week and I pray your u/s only makes things even better!!! It sounds like things are going very well, and I can understand your wanting to be guarded, but heck girl, I am just so excited for you!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is just wonderful news, Addie! I am so happy for you! I love seeing the pregnancy ticker in your siggy!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh gosh! I have been waiting for this update! I am so incredibly happy for you!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
So thrilled for you!!!!!!
December 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
congrats honey.
I want to wish you a very H&H 9 months

[SIZE="3"]

December 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray! So many of these late rising blood results...I wonder if us TTCMA women are really just testing too early, maybe 15dpo is the REAL testing time!!! Congrats!

December 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarngirl View Post

I have my first u/s on Friday and my doctor said for me to be cautiously optimistic until then.

I honestly think there must be some obligation to say this! My doctor told me basically the same thing....

I'm curious to see how many are in there....I'm betting just 1 but you never know!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!!!

How is your dh reacting? I know he was very upset about the bfn, so how is he now?
December 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all so much!!!! My due date is August 15, but I can't even think that far ahead. This just seems so unreal. I was convinced that I was out the day of the transfer and then with that first beta and I had really accepted it. So this has really thrown me for a loop. A good loop, but a loop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAgs View Post
I honestly think there must be some obligation to say this! My doctor told me basically the same thing....

I'm curious to see how many are in there....I'm betting just 1 but you never know!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!!!

How is your dh reacting? I know he was very upset about the bfn, so how is he now?

Lee Ann, he's just sort of numb and trying to be very reserved. I think he'll feel better after Friday, but he definitely realized today that this may be real after the doctor's mood had completely changed. I can tell he's getting excited, but doesn't want us to be let down. So he keeps reminding me that either way that this is a great sign!

As for how many --- my doc seems sure we're in singleton territory now given my numbers, but said we won't know until Friday. I got a little nervous when I read that intense IB may be a sign of a twin implantation....

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!

Last edited by yarngirl; December 14th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
December 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh I am so excited for you. You have NO IDEA how excited I was when I saw the post that it had tripled. CAn't wait till you can see that heart beating to help ease you a little.

December 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Addie, I'm soooo happy for you!!!! What a miracle it truly is. I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!
December 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Angel_Maker
ADDIE I swear there have been SO MANY miracles on this board lately!!!! AHHHHH I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so so so happy for you and I pray that you continue to keep us posted!!!! You are such an integral part of this board and I NEED to hear from you

Congrats Mama!!!!!
December 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm sooo happy for you Addie!!!

December 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! ADDIE IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! you SOOOOOOOOOOO DESERVE THIS!!! I hope that BEAN STICKS!!!! stick baby stick!!! heres lots of sticky dust for you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search