This really sucks.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I had a time trying to just get the RE to see me today. I finally got my appointment and was SOOO excited because I had 1 month TTC naturally, BFN and then the last month with BCP, so I figured everything would be PERFECT!

On my CD 3 u/s: 3 follicles measuring between 11 and 13! Holy SH$# are you kidding me? I don't know what this mean. I don't know if the bcp's didn't work and they are cysts, or if the bcp's worked and I already started the follicle growth since it's been a week since I've been off the bcp's.

I have no way of telling.

I haven't heard my E2 levels yet, but when I had them drawn right after I stopped bcp's they were: low e2 (17.5) and moderately high LH and FSH (for being off bcp!): 7.6 and 6.8 respectively.

I am so upset right now. I almost don't even want to try anymore because I can't figure my body out... but then part of me wishes these 3 "whatever they are's" (follies/cysts) could be perfect, because there are 3 of them all in the same range (never happened before).

I just don't know. My RE didn't seem to care. I asked, "is this normal after birth control" and he said, "if you get pregnant, it's normal" What the %^&* kind of answer is that?

So I posted on SIRM. I'm OK, actually, if it is actually possible that the FSH and LH recruited these follies and they are REALLY follies and have tremendous opportunity, but I keep thinking: it's only been a week since I stopped, is it possible!?

Ug. I keep going round and round, as you can see. I could write another 45 pages, going round and round and round in the same thought....

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
3 follies???

So what's the plan? Are you starting injects today?

I don't really know about the birth control/cyst/etc factor, but I just wanted to send you follie dust! I hope those are three perfect follies and that one (or two!) of them results in your
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Yeah, 3! Jordan, that's why I am so confused. If it were 1, I'd think Cyst right away, but 3, and all the same size?!!! I was on bcp for pete's sake, so how could 3 follicles lead to cysts?! and the month before that, we were on a natural cycle and neither month led to any O pains, so I don't see how I could have 3 cysts from that.

Good Lord. I'm a wreck.

I am going forth with the Tx. I just did my 150 of follistim, with a HUGE prayer that God just take over and do what needs to be done for us to get pregnant with a healthy bean. I have such a headache.

Because he didn't want me to do any outside monitoring, I go back on Wed to check things out. I had a bunch of smaller follies, not worth measuring and these 3, so we'll see what the 2 days of injects is doing. If it looks ok, I come in on Sat morning (will be out of town Thurs and Fri) and go from there.

UG. Thanks for asking!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 15th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Angel_Maker
Bodies can be soo screwy sometimes. I guess there's really no way to tell for sure, but I'd like to think they are follies

I can't wait to see what happens
December 15th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that those three "whatever they are" in there are the three most perfect follies ready and waiting to become your !!!

Keep us posted, I'm really interested in finding out what is going on in there!

And PS... I hope you get to leave your RE because your pregnant, but regardless of the reason, it's totally time to say goodbye to this @ss!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My RE didn't seem to care. I asked, "is this normal after birth control" and he said, "if you get pregnant, it's normal" What the %^&* kind of answer is that
Quote:
I hope you get to leave your RE because your pregnant, but regardless of the reason, it's totally time to say goodbye to this @ss!
Kari!!!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 15th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohh I really hate your RE, what the hell kind of answer is that??!?!? I know our bodies can do really screwy things and to me it seems much more likely that they are three follies rather than three cysts. I can't wait to hear what the SIRM docs say. This is just really unfair, and you are being so patient.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy

How does your dr have any patients??? His bed side mannor is unreal! I really hope they are follies too!! Our bodies never do what we want them to. With all the modern medicine in the world you would think this would be easy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search