Umm... the bleeding has pretty much stopped today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I started spotting on Sunday night around 10pm. Then Monday I changed my tampon quite a bit and there seemed to be lots of bright red blood and some stringy clotty stuff. Now this morning it seemed a lot lighter and I didn't change my tampon all day (I know, sham on me!) And there is BARELY anything on it.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

I just want this to be over so I can move on with things. How can you only bleed for one day? I guess it was heavy enough, and maybe because I didn't have great lining????

I'm so confused.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you test today?

If not, I would for sure test in the AM. You just never know!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Test!

December 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oooh...this sounds promising!! I'm with the others...when are you going to test?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't you think that is just too much blood for it to be IB??? It just seems kind of silly to test.

If there is nothing on my pad in the morning, I'll consider it. BUT... it's only because I owe Jordan one

December 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kari, I don't ever want to get someone's hopes up because this whole process just sucks, but this is almost exactly what happened to me. I tested at 13dpr, got a stark bfn, got the beta and then started spotting on the way home from it. It got heavier through the day, I stopped the progesterone and used a tampon. The next day it was still there when I had to go in for the second beta, but at that point it was really clotty and brown --- very unusual for me. And then the next morning, it was completely gone. So maybe this is the same thing for you!! I have everything crossed and I'm really hope that this is another ttcma miracle!! You have been so patient and I want this so badly for you! If it's IB, then you won't get a positive for a couple of days, so I'd wait it out and see. Sending lots of dust

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Addie... but you are right. I really don't want to get my hopes up at all. I will probably wait things out until this weekend as see. I still have my appointment set up for my beta, I haven't had time to call and cancel it yet. I guess I could still go to it if things continue this way. I'm so confused.

December 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Angel_Maker
Sounds SUPER promising!!!!!
December 16th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Before bed last night I wiped and nothing, nada, ziltch. So I start my progesterone again.... does that seem just ridiculous???

This morning I tested with a cheapie and it was negative. I guess if that wasn't AF then I'm technically 12dpiui. Or it was then I'm at CD 3 and just wasted a test.

This is so draining.

December 16th, 2009, 07:00 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Ugh frustrating. I wouldn't call it AF though if it was only one day.

December 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... I've had cycles in my past where there's only been one day of bleeding, but I've spotted before then, and who knows what it's from.

Since I've been on MA, my periods have been lighter than EVER and I don't get it because my lining seems OK.

I'm praying the other gals are right and you are one of those cases you see on "I didn't know I was pregnant" because they had a period like this but they were pregnant! It'll be an interesting few days!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto on what Gwynne said, my periods have been getting so much lighter the longer we are TTC. Very odd to me. Some months it is one day of medium bleeding and then spotting here and there for a couple more days. This waiting in limbo is so hard.
December 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for your input ladies! Actually my periods over the last year have gotten worse and worse. I was completely annovulatory before MA so now that I'm actually ovulating I usually have very heavy bleeding for three days and lots of cramps to go along with them.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I called my RE and he said that I could go in today for a blood draw to see what is going on. He said that way we'll know if you are pregnant and we can check and make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy. I'm going in at 3:30pm. I probably won't get results back until tomorrow morning. Just now when I wiped I had some really dark reddish/brownish stuff... probably old blood. So maybe Monday's blood was a precursor to what will be AF in a day or two.

I just want this to all be over. One way or another we are moving on, either with a miracle pregnancy or our dreams of adoption will come true.

December 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
My fingers will be crossed for you, Kari!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that it's true, but I also hope that you get a definitive answer already!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search