really freaked out

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just started bleeding and I'm totally freaked out. I know that this can be very normal in early pregnancy, but I'm shaking. It's not like AF, and it happened (TMI coming up) after I went to the bathroom and since I'm really constipated it felt like I was pushing way too hard. I'm really scared right now.

---Update: Okay, I'm going to be a mess if I continue to be so on edge. It's gone and I'm now not sure if it's just a result of how constipated I have been. I wish I could just be normal and carefree about this, but the littlest thing is making me scared. I'm so scared of losing this bean and having to start IVF all over. I'm sorry for being so needy. This is much scarier than I imagined.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!

Last edited by yarngirl; December 15th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
December 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
The exact same thing happened to me, Addie. I was constipated and had to strain a little, and then I started spotting. It didn't last long, so I assumed the 2 events were related. I'm praying your little bean stays put!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there Addie! I'm still praying every day that your little bean hangs on TIGHT!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 15th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Melissa. It makes me feel a lot better to know that you have gone through this. I think I'm just going to be on edge until Friday. Actually, I'll be on edge forever. I guess it's one of the badges of ttcma.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
December 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to let you know that Ive had bleeding in the beginning of every single pregnancy.
it's just one of those things that happens to some of us I'm almost 35 weeks now and I had it with my daughter as well.

For me it was caused by straining as well

December 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh addie I hope it is just related to the constipation issues. If it stopped then that is a good sign. I hope it stays away and friday puts your heart to ease a little more

December 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can definitely understand you being scared! Like the other ladies said, it sounds like it is quite common, but I'm keeping you and your bean in my prayers!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 16th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Angel_Maker
If you're not cramping (uterine cramps, not cramps related to being constipated) then I'm sure you're fine

Straining cannot cause m/c, but it may cause spotting. I know it's nerve wracking!! TRUST ME!!! Your fear is justified, but probably unnecessary as I'm sure everything is just fine

Hang in there sweetie, the nervousness and anxiety is to be expected
December 16th, 2009, 06:45 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, Addie!!! It sounds like it was what the other gals experienced. Here's my thought (not research) as to why this may happen:

Our bodies have increased bloodflow MASSIVELY as soon as we are pregnant. I've read it DOUBLES and more at some point of the pregnancy. I think this can also impact how sensitive the capillaries are, not sure though, and my guess is that's why straining or extremely dry weather can cause spotting or bloody noses so much more in pregnant women.

Hang tight! We're all praying this little bean is a super sticky one and has dug in nice and deep to stay put for another 35 weeks!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 16th, 2009, 06:45 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!!!
December 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I am sorry you got scared, but I think it's fine! Your HCG numbers are rising extremely nicely and I just think all is well with your little bean!

I have heard the same thing about a BM & spotting, I think it's normal.

I understand your worry, though. After my chem. last cycle, I am almost *dreading* getting pregnant again because I know I am going to worry every single day.

Hang in there, hon! I really think everything is okay.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 16th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I've been really constipated this time around and a few times when I wiped I had blood on the tp, which really freaked me out. But as long as you aren't cramping, try not to worry! I worry about everything too. Sending you tons of belly rubs!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 16th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, thank you all so much. There hasn't been any more spotting since last night, so I feel much better. I'm going to add more fiber to my diet and see if that helps. I certainly can't drink anymore water as I feel like I'm sucking down glass after glass. I'm so glad I have you guys. I told DH that I just can't stay away from this board, I need you guys so much.

December 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I am glad you deided to come back, I think we all like having you here.

December 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy that it stopped! As I posted in Melissa's post, I know a lot of women who have had the same thing happen-and they and their babies are fine. Thinking of you...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I just posted to Melissa and want to make sure to post to you too. I am praying for you and your little bean. Your hCG levels were very good and that is a really good sign. I had a lot of bleeding when I was pregnant with Jeremy. It freaked me out every time I would see it. I can't wait till you can have your ultrasound. I am hoping that will make you feel tons better.

You're already drinking plenty of water and adding fiber so I don't have anything else to suggest other than to try to take it easy as much as you can.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Awww Addie.. I know EXACTLY how you feel.. I spotted almost through the whole first trimester.. I still to this very moment get scared when I wipe! But I can be completely normal.. So try not to stress keep your feet up ( and i was the same way i had to push and it sucked so i ate prunes and i was good to go literally LOL)

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search