My turn to panic - Update in first post!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I just went to the bathroom, and there was blood on the tp. I have spotted brown before after straining during a BM, but I haven't seen red blood since I got my BFP. Now I'm shaking and panicking and scared out of my mind.

I called my RE, and he was great. He said it could be nothing...his wife bled throughout her first pregnancy, and it turned out perfectly fine. He said he'll do an ultrasound every day if that will make me feel better (he might regret saying that!), and that I can call as often as needed with questions. I didn't have an ultrasound scheduled until next Wednesday, but I'm going to go in tomorrow morning for one just to check everything out and make sure all is going well. Please say a quick prayer for Pokey if you don't mind...I really need to see that little heart beating tomorrow.

UPDATE: Yup, I was totally freaked out over nothing! Pokey is just fine...growing like a weed in there! We were able to see the umbliical cord this time, and the heartrate was 158. By the time I got home, my RE had called with my progesterone (still over 40) and E2 (500 and something), so everything is going as well as can be. I just need to learn to relax and trust God that He is going to help this miracle baby fight for 32 more weeks.

I have my last appointment with my RE next Wednesday, and then I'm released to an OB/GYN I don't know how I'm going to go 4 weeks between appointments after all these ultrasounds

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers...once again, they worked! And Brandi, this is for you

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Last edited by KMH; December 17th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
December 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Prayers sent!

I hope that all turns out to be just fine, hang in there sweetie

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Angel_Maker

I went to the ER at 8weeks with BRIGHT RED blood....it was a lot...I mean...A LOT!! And I wasn't miscarrying...my cervix was totally closed and I wasn't cramping....It was from us BDing the nite before

Saying a prayer, but I'm sure everything is fine
December 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prayers here!

December 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thanks, Brandi...that makes me feel better. I have calmed down somewhat, and so far there isn't anything on my pantyliner...just when I wipe.

I thought Tom Cruise was crazy when he bought an u/s machine for his wife, but if I was a zillionaire, I'd be having one delivered right this minute!!

Melissa & DH

December 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Prayers sent!! I'm sure that it's normal Melissa, but I understand the panic. I think it's great that you can go in tomorrow! I'll be praying and thinking of you.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 16th, 2009, 02:43 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending prayers to you and Pokey!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Prayers and hugs Melissa! I agree I would love to have my very own ultrasound machine!! Glad they are letting you have an US that quick!
December 16th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I know you're scared but I think it's okay! I have heard too many stories (and these are not just google-searches, but REAL people I know) of women bleeding in pregnancy and being just fine!

My friend who has 4 kiddos bled with two of them. She had lots of spotting with her first and then with her 2nd son, she bled all through her first trimester---her son is now a healthy 2 year old!

My mom had a lot of bleeding at about 12 weeks with my brother; they were on vacation in France, and she has memories of being in a French hospital with a translator! Anyway, they never did find a reason for it, but my brother is (obviously) here and healthy.

I think it's really pretty common. Hang in there---I am praying for you and Pokey. Please update us after your u/s tomorrow.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
You and baby will definitely be in my thoughts & prayers!
December 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thank you so, SO much, ladies...I hope you are all right and that I'll have good news to report tomorrow. I think I'll just sit here and read these reassuring comments all evening until I go to bed

Melissa & DH

December 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking of you and praying for you! I also know a lot of women who have had bright red spotting in the first trimester. In fact, a good friend from work had bright red blood-more than spotting-at about 9 or 10 weeks. Everything turned out fine and she's having a boy and is 21 weeks. The doctor said it was likely caused by her cervix being sensitive.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I am hoping it is nothing for you, and that when you go in tomorrow you get to see that wonderful little heart beating! Keeping you guys in my T&P's!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh Melissa I am so sorry you are having to deal with another scare. I had bleeding with Jeremy until I was 12 weeks along. I try to share my story to give people hope. It is always scary and I don't think anything is going to reassure you like seeing your little bean on the ultrasound again. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
hey thinking of you and praying!! as I said to Addie.. I spotted and bleed And my RE took me in every time for a u/s as well.. but it still scared the crap out of me.. And here I am almost out of my 2nd trimester perfectly fine soo try not to stress.. KUP about tomorrow.. NOW I will be stalking you all day lol

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm praying for you & Pokey! KUP.....HUGS!
December 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you and baby in my thoughts and prayers! Hope to see good news tomorrow!!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

December 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh Melissa I hope your ultrasound tomorrow shows everything is ok. Let us know hen you get home. I am sure pokeys HB will be fluttering away for you, don't stress, everything I have read says its pretty common.

December 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Melissa. Hoping and praying everything is OK.
December 17th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you, let us know an update as soon as you have your u/s result !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search