Back from my appt. Retrieval Saturday! (update post #3)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Sorry for taking so long to update. I got home and had to eat something. I was starved and I was hoping the nurse would call me while I was getting something to eat so I could just type one update.

I think my appt went well. I saw the one nurse that never really tells me my measurements. I know I have two good follicles now. I think the rest were borderline. I don't know what borderline means though because she didn't tell me my measurements. But, I know I have at least two pretty big ones.

I am waiting on my bloodwork but I think I will be triggering tonight! She said that since I had two big follicles he would probably want to go ahead and trigger and just hope the others catch up.

So now I am just waiting for them to call.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 17th, 2009, 11:45 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wahoo! Hurry up, nurse!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 17th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Woohoo! Nurse just called. I trigger tonight at 10pm sharp. Then I have the retrieval on Saturday at 9:30am. I just made reservations for a local hotel for Friday night so I don't have to worry about driving in snow or being stressed out about getting there on time. I forgot to get a collection cup for dh (or they forgot to give it to me) so I will have to drive over Saturday morning and get that. But, since our retrieval isn't scheduled till 9:30 I should have time to get that, get back to the hotel, and still have time for Kelly to do his thing in time for our retrieval. I am so nervous and excited. I will find out on Sunday how many eggs were fertilized and when I will do the transfer. It should be on Monday morning though. Wish us luck!

December 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!! Man your cycle really flew right by!

Can't wait to hear how the rest of this plays out!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Super Mommy
WOOHOO Patty! I am very excited for you! Good idea booking the hotel room on Friday night!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
Good luck Patty!!!! Sounds like everything is going well. Good idea on the hotel, I'm sure it will be nice to have a more relaxing morning on Saturday.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
December 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yay, Patty! I am really excited that you have gotten so far in this process already (I know it probably seems a lot slower for you!). I will be thinking of you, and hoping those smaller follies catch up!

The hotel is such a great idea, and I'm totally jealous. My clinic made DH do his thing in a dank room with an 80s vinyl couch and a VCR while I was in the recovery room after the retrieval Talk about unromantic! I hope you get lots of Super Sperm since you'll be somewhat relaxed!

GOOD LUCK, and I can't wait to get your updates as you move closer to that BFP!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck hun!!!!! Thats great news!!!!! my dh had to do his thing in a nasty room too for our iui. It was so not how I thought our ttc journey would turn out lol! Take advantage of the hotel room!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
OH Patty I am so excited for you!!! This IVF journey for you seems like it went really fast to me like Melissa said too! Can't wait to hear how everything turns out! How many will you be transfering???
December 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I feel so bad that I have hardly posted to anyone the last couple days. I have been in my own little world. Today was like an all day freak out for me. I am so relieved now. I did my injection all by myself! My hands were shaking so bad after I did it. I was so nervous that I was going to screw something up but I feel confident I did everything right.

And I am sure everything has gone by fast but it seemed like a forever long process while I was dealing with it. I am sure you guys know what I mean. I just kept thinking in my head are my follicles ever going to be ready. I was just a nervous wreck every day thinking something was going to go wrong. I am still nervous but feeling tons better now that I got this injection over with.

We plan to transfer two embryos. I am very nervous about having multiples so I really want to keep the risks to a minimum.

December 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so exciting!!! I love hearing about your IVF experiences. Before TTC I always thought IVF was this extreme, scary, painful option. Now it seems fascinating to me and I've realized that I could absolutely do this if I need to. I can't wait to hear how many eggs fertilized and then of course when you'll get your BFP!

Good luck tomorrow and have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt