new to justmommies, recently refered to a RE

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Okay Hi everyone, I recently heard about Justmommies from a friend and thought id come by

I was recently referred to a RE (Tuesday) by a High Risk OBGYN that I was referred to after my second miscarriage, well since I have had a 3rd (Nov 7) she has decided to refer me to a RE, for further tests and possible treatments.

I have had quite a bit of blood work done so far, and all that has been found at this time is 2 MTHFR mutations C677T and A1298C I was put on 4mg of Folic Acid daily. My husband and I went today for chromosome analysis and I have the appointment with the RE on 20th.

I was just hoping to get any insight from anyone on what I might be able to expect on this first appointment with the RE?
December 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm not sure what your first appointment will be like, mine wasn't standard, but I did want to point you in the direction of the High Risk board (I'm the host). The MTHFR mutation is probably the most common complication women on our board have, and in addition to a resource thread about blood disorders in the Subforum we have A LOT of women who can provide you with support. Your RE will most likely put you on blood thinners during your pregnancy, baby aspirin and Lovenox are the most common combination. My sister has MTHFR - do you know if you are heterozygous or homozygous, that can impact what treatment you'll have.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
My sister has MTHFR - do you know if you are heterozygous or homozygous, that can impact what treatment you'll have.
heterozygous from what the paper says:
"she is heterozygous for the MTHFR C677T mutation, as well as A1298C, making for a compound heterozygote for MTHFR. But I am unsure as to what that all means...

Thank you for your suggestion of the other message board I will be visiting there...
December 18th, 2009, 07:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome to the board. I had three miscarriages before I had my first. I never saw an RE at the time because I didn't even know what an RE was. I did have a bunch of tests done through my regular OB. It took a few months to get all the tests done. But, it sounds like your RE is moving faster.

I really hope you get some answers and a treatment plan. I also wanted to point you in the direction of this group. The girls over there should be able to relate and answer some of your questions.
JustMommies Message Boards - Thrombophilias- Blood Clotting Disorders- TTC and Pregnancy

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Patty and Rebecca have given you some great info! I just wanted to say "welcome!"

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Patty and Rebecca have given you some great info! I just wanted to say "welcome!"
Thanks for the welcome I wish i had known about this place after the first, or second m/c I could of used the support quite a bit.
December 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Hi My Name is Kary.. I am one of the CoHosts of Trying to Conceive after Loss - JustMommies Message Boards I have also had three m/c's and I also have a MTHFR Mutation. I am Homozygous for the A1298C. I wanted to Welcome you and extend an invitation to TTCAL board and I just wanted to say I am also so glad you joined the group JustMommies Message Boards - Thrombophilias- Blood Clotting Disorders- TTC and Pregnancy! I hope we can help you get through this journey! We all know what you are going through! WELCOME to JM!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I can't answer your q about the RE, but I was just told that I have two MTHFR mutations as well. (I'm not sure which mutations yet...) I'll be taking 2mg of folic acid, b6, b12, and a prenatal vitamin daily. Once I get pregnant he wants to add in a blood thinner.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no insight but wanted to you to the board!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm new to the TTCMA board as well.

My first RE appointment wasn't very dramatic - she asked a bunch of questions and ordered more tests.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search