LEEP is done....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Well as most of ye know I had two surgeries in October to remove Endo, Cyst and a Twisted left tube. I had a smear test while I had my surgery. I was told we could start IUI in November, But the results of my pap came back with very high levels.
I had a Colposcopy done a few weeks ago and it came back with very high levels of pre Cancer cells.
Yesterday I went for a LEEP to remove the cells in my cervix. LEEP uses a thin wire loop electrode which is attached to an electrosurgical generator. The generator transmits a electrical current that quickly cuts away the affected cervical tissue in the immediate area of the loop wire. This causes the abnormal cells to rapidly heat and burst, and separates the tissue as the loop wire moves through the cervix.

I took xanix tablets before I went in to relax me and they worked a bit. I went in and stripped off my lower half and hopped up into the stirrups while the nurse washed the area... At this stage after all I've had none I don't get embarrassed anymore. She then inserted the speculum to open me up which is sore enough as (TMI) I'm very tight down there.
She sprayed something into and OMG the cramps straight away were awful. I was hanging onto the towel around my so tight. But that was just the start it as just the iodine solutions that enable the dr to more easily ....
Next a local anesthetic will be injected into my cervix (ouch) then the wire loop was passed through the surface of my cervix which cuts away a thin layer of the cervix, OMG it was sooooo sore and the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had done. She kept saying you have to try and relax and it will be easier. (hello you don't have two or three thing shoved up inside you ) At one stage I thought I'd pass out but I just kept breathing... It took about 35 to 40 min and it was awful.
But at least it's over. She said to expext bad cramps for the next 3 to 4 day and a discharge. No sex for at least 6 weeks and I have to go back in 3 months for another smear test. I have to get a clear one before we move forward with IUI so I'm back on the pill for another 3 months so My Endo won't come back.
It will mean we won't be trying IUI untill at least April or May so there goes my hope for a 2010 baby...
I just wanted to let the girls that know me know where I am in this journey.... It's been a long one and I still have a long way to go.
I hope everyone has a very Happy Christmas and I'm hoping and praying that that 2010 will be a better year for all of us

[SIZE="3"]

December 18th, 2009, 06:54 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator

Rebecca I feel so bad for you. You have had such a difficult time this year. Your procedure sounded really painful. I hope you are recovering okay. I am going to pray that the time goes by quickly for you and that your next pap is all clear so you can move forward with the IUI.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hope that you have a speedy recovery, hun. Hopefully this was the last obstacle standing in your way; please keep us updated as you continue your journey!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
Oh Rebecca, I know that you are ready for 2009 to be behind you!!! You have gone through so much! The LEEP sounds horrible! I am surprised they couldn't give you anesthesia to knock you out??!!!

Thank you for the update! I've been wondering how you are doing!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

December 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that procedure is done and over with! I'm sorry that it was so painful and I'm hoping that you have a speedy recovery. I hope you still stick around and let us know how you are doing. And even more so, I hope that next spring we are celebrating your

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got it done! Hopefully, that is something you will never ever have to do again....HUGS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search