Back from the ER - Update in post 20

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 10:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Well, it has been an interesting night. I was watching TV and eating a cookie when I started having awful pain. At first I thought maybe I was constipated again, but I soon realized it was like a period cramp. The pain was so bad at first that I couldn't stand up straight, so I crawled to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. I felt a gush, and the toilet was filled with blood. I started bawling and called DH to come home from work. When he got home we went to the ER, but by the time we got there, the cramps were gone.

At the ER they did a pelvic exam, blood test, and urine specimen. I don't have a UTI, and my HCG levels are still in normal range (not sure that really means too much since we don't have anything to compare them to). My cervix was closed when she examined me, so they couldn't really tell me anything. We live outside of a pretty small town, so no one is there to do an ultrasound at night.

Bottom line is that I have no idea what is going on. I'm still bleeding a little, but no cramping anymore. All they could tell me was to follow up with my RE on Monday, and just pray that everything turns out okay. I have no idea what to do or think...this whole night seems like an awful blur.

I'll update as soon as I know anything, but that might be a while I guess. If you don't mind, please keep Pokey and I in yout thoughts/prayers. I'm still hoping for a miracle.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Last edited by KMH; December 19th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
December 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I wish they could have given you answers tonight and can only manage how stressful this weekend is going to be. I think it's a good sign that you are not longer feeling any cramps or bleeding. I don't know what is normal at this stage at all. I will of course keep you all in my prayers and I'm just so so so sorry you have to go through any of this stress. I'm praying that this all works out for you. I'm crossing everything. And I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I had the same thing happen - twice. At 9 weeks I finally had a high def u/s and they saw a blood clot called a subchorionic hematoma (SCH). The doctor said "Oh it's just an SCH, whew nothing to worry about, you'll get used to spotting and it will be gone by 20 weeks." I stopped my baby aspirin and never had another big bleed. I'm 18 weeks now and the clot is almost gone.

I don't know if you have an SCH like I do, but I have learned that bleeding during pregnancy doesn't always mean that you are losing the baby.

I'll keep you two in my prayers anyway.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 18th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Veteran
You are in my prayers!!
December 19th, 2009, 12:51 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Melissa! I hope this just turns out to be a SCH like Rebecca's. I'm so sorry you have to wait for an ultrasound..... that is awful torture.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 19th, 2009, 02:09 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm praying for you Melissa. I know that Monday can't come soon enough for you but hopefully everything will work out
December 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm praying for you and pokey! I'm sorry you have to go through this!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Melissa, I am going to post this and I really hope that when I do I don't upset you. But, when I had my ectopic it was heterotopic (meaning I had one in my uterus and one in my tube). They missed my ectopic in my tube because of seeing the one in my uterus. You are in a better position than me because I also miscarried the pregnancy in my uterus. With my ectopic I kept having bleeding and had this pain but I kept thinking it was from constipation or gas pressure. I don't trust doctors to diagnose ectopics because I lost my tube because I have seen it missed many times on JM.

If you start having pain again, please go back to ER and insist on a scan. Heterotopic pregnancies are rare so this is probably not what is going on but I am very paranoid because of my own experiences.

I have also had a subchorionic hematoma. That is what happened when I was pregnant with Jeremy. It caused a lot of bleeding like what you are describing but I wasn't in pain.

I am probably being paranoid here honestly. But, please pay attention to the pain.

I really really hope I don't upset you with my post. I am just worried about you.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 19th, 2009, 06:16 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely say a prayer for you and your little one. I hope everything is okay!!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

December 19th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sending prayers! I hope it's something small and easily dealt with...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 19th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Angel_Maker
YIKES!!! That is so scary I pray that it is nothing. Like I told you before, I had several bouts of bleeding during my 8th week. They never could tell where the bleeding was coming from. I'm keeping you and little pokey in my prayers!!!
December 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all this stress and unknown CRAP right now. I wish that they could have given you the answers right then and there, so you could at least KNOW what is going on.

You, Jon and little Pokey are always in my prayers, but I'll be sure to say an extra one hoping that all will turn out just fine.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 19th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Melissa! I am so sorry you keep having scares! I am praying that everything is okay and that this is no big deal!

I'm really sorry you are having to deal with this.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! I hope everything is okay I'll be thinking about ya'll.
December 19th, 2009, 08:35 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending lots more prayers your way!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Oh no, Melissa! I did NOT wanna see anything like this from you! I am praying HARD for you and Pokey. I hope Monday comes fast and there are no more "incidents" before then.

December 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
You and pokey are in my thoughts and prayers..

I had bleeding.. My sister inlaw was the worst she would pass big clots and lots of blood My brother and I rushed her to the ER she was cramping so bad.. they did a scan she had a tear in her uterus.. fyi her daughter is 5 bright and smart! So keep your feet up lay back and try to relax.. I know first hand how hard it is... Please if you need to vent PM me i am here!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry, but this is bs...they should have done SOMETHING for you. I really hate hospitals. You should not be home worrying, you should know one way or another what's going on in your body. I am just going to pray for you!

December 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
oH, Melissa! This is not what I wanted to come back to! I am praying there is a very logical, simple, non-threatening reason for this and you and Pokey are very very well.

Please update when you have more news and I pray the pain and bleeding is done and you both are doing GREAT!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 19th, 2009, 11:27 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Good morning, ladies! Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers...they mean everything to me at times like this.

It has been about 14 hours since we left the ER, and so far no more pain or bleeding anywhere! I am spotting brown a little, but I assume that's just leftover from yesterday evening's episode. Of course I'm still scared to death, but I'm assuming that every hour without more bleeding is a good sign. I still feel pregnant, so I'll keep enjoying that feeling as long as I can.

I talked with my RE this morning. He once again reassured me that this wasn't necessarily a horrible thing and that I could still have a very healthy pregnancy. He is concerned, of course, given my history of weird betas, but he is very hopeful that it will still have a happy ending. He will be out of the office Monday and Tuesday, so I'm going to wait until Wednesday to have an u/s. I could go in Monday and see another doctor, but I would rather wait 2 extra days to see my own. I trust him and feel comfortable with him.

Patty, you didn't upset me at all with your post. I would rather know all the possibilities up front so I can have a plan to deal with whatever might be happening. I appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge...it not only helps me, but every other person who reads this thread. My RE keeps checking for an ectopic and telling the nurse "no sign of an ectopic pregnancy" at every appointment, but I'll ask him about it again when I go see him. Last night is the only time I have every experienced any pain, but if it happens again, I'll go back to the ER and demand an u/s, no matter what time of day it is.

Thanks again for your thoughts/prayers, girls. I'll update if I have any more news...hopefully only good news from this point on.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search