heading to ER now

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
a half hour ago, I started getting horrible pains in my left side, where my left tube would be. I went to bed, hoping the pain would lessen and that maybe it was just the medicine taking control and it was nothing more than severe cramping. Well the pain has gone from mild to excruiating and I'd rate it a 9. Just woke up DH and I'm waiting for him to warm the car, so we can head to the ER. I think my tube is rupturing. They told me today there was such a small chance of this happening because we caught it early. Just my luck. I'll update as soon as I can, but please keep us in your thoughts. I don't think today can get any worse. I know I don't need the tube, but I really don't want to lose it. And I'm also too aware of how dangerous this can be.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm thinking of you right now.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 18th, 2009, 11:53 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
More #@%#^$. It probably is your tube - it may not be ruptured, though. I was in horrible pain with my ectopic that day, and it hadn't ruptured, just started bleeding internally and pressing on other organs. I did have to have it removed, though. I'm sorry Addie.... I hope everything goes okay.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
oh im so sorry! ill be praying for and thinking of you! Feel better soon..i hope its just nothing!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 19th, 2009, 01:07 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Last edited by barbarella; December 19th, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
December 19th, 2009, 03:59 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have to go through this, thinking of you KUP!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 19th, 2009, 04:47 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
((((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))))))))) I really hope they can save your tube. I am worried about you.

I am praying for you.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 19th, 2009, 05:13 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for you right now!! I'll be thinking about you and hope that things aren't as bad as you think. Please keep everyone posted when you feel up to it.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

December 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I hope it's just the medicine doing what it's supposed to and that your tube is ok...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thinking about you...
I'm so sorry about everything that happened yesterday...
I hope that it isn't the tube rupturing...
December 19th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Angel_Maker
You are in my thoughts and prayers Addie I'm so sorry this is happening!!
December 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Addie, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and DH. And now the risks of losing a tube on top of all that. Ugh!!!!

I'm sitting at home praying my little butt off that things will be alright!!!!! Thinking about you and sending you lots of love!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 19th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm praying for you, Addie. Big (((HUGS))) to you, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are okay Hopefully, you are just sleeping in your bed right now....and the pain was just a fluke and you don't have to have surgery!

HUGS!!!
December 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm praying for you, Addie!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Praying for you, Addie.

December 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
AWWW Addie!!! I hope it's just the meds... You are in my thought and prayers!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
December 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone, so hopefully this post is ending up okay. I sent DH home with the text of this in his email and instructions on how to post this to the thread, because I don't have a computer here.

My tube was not rupturing. When I got to the ER, I started feeling like my entire insides were exploding. We had driven a little out of the way, to go to a hospital I was familiar with. After several tests and exams, it was determined that the pain was in my left kidney. Now the irony that I confused my tube with my kidney was not lost on me or the ER doctor, or the kiss a** residents. (Seriously, hearing a first year resident teach me about my kidney under the circumstances, made me want to slap someone). First, I have a kidney infection. I've had them before, but usually they follow a UTI, which I have not had. I missed the signs, because the backache early this week, I contributed to a pregnancy symptom, as well as the frequent urination and slight pressure when urinating.

Second, after that was established, cipro taken, iv hooked up and additional bloodwork had come back, it was determined that my liver levels were out of wack. As were all my other levels. Apparently, I'm having the .01 percent adverse reaction to the methotrexate that a patient can have. I'm going to be in the hospital until at least Monday for monitoring and hopefully, things will level off and nothing further will happen. Right now, I feel like I have the flu. Every part of my body hurts and I feel so wiped out. I feel like a bat has been taken to my entire body. My organs are operating at reduced efficiency trying hard to process the medicine. Depending on how things go, the attending here believes that the tube should just be removed Monday morning, instead of waiting for the medicine to do it's thing.

Since things come in threes (or maybe we're in fours by now), I now have a UTI and yeast infection. Seriously? I can't catch a fricken break right now.

I'll update you guys as soon as I can again. I'm doing okay despite all of this. You just have to laugh. After we were at the hospital a few hours, DH and I just started laughing and making jokes. It was all so ridiculous and unbelievable, that you just have to laugh. I mean really? What a day. So although I feel physically awful, emotionally, I'm trying to just go with it. I think that's all I can do.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I hope to be home by Tuesday, if not Monday and will send DH home with other messages when I can.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 19th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Addie I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I hope that you recover quickly.

December 19th, 2009, 10:09 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my. You poor girl. if I was having pain like that after being told I had an ectopic I would not have thought kidneys!! And yes.... sometimes, at some point, you do just have to laugh at how ridiculous life is.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search