We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Initially, my RE (before we knew LH levels) said, on Saturday: "if we have to have the IUI on Sunday--if you are surging-- I would still recommend getting romantic tonight. It can't hurt"
Well, obviously, I wasn't surging, and I got my trigger Sat night., IUI Monday morning at 11 am., DH making his donation to the cause at 10:30 am.
Given that he has always had great samples and what the RE said above (thinking we may have had to have an earlier IUI), do you think we should BD tonight? Part of me says YEP, just in case I O tonight, and the other part says wait til tomorrow morning. We BD last night and Fri. night too...
Do you know if they use ALL the swimmers after the wash (all the good ones, not the ones that are sloughed off) or do they only use a certain portion if it's a high count?
Any thoughts? I guess we'll decide tonight, but your thoughts are very welcome. I know we've tossed this idea around for others, and now it's my dilemma as well!
__________________ Gwynne, celebrating the newest of our four precious miracles Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
We are always told to BD the night of the trigger, then obstain until after the IUI and then we can BD to our hearts content. I know it's important to let his swimmers build up so you have a good sample for the procedure.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!
I think since you BDd last night, you're totally covered. I understand the impatience, though---I get all antsy around O/IUI time and feel like we should be going at it like rabbits! But I think you should abstain tonight so DH's count will be stellar in the AM! Then go at it again tomorrow night! And probably the next day as well, just to be safe!
We BDd twice a day last month after my trigger shot.
Married with two awesome 7 year olds, we're TTC with unexplained infertility.
Thank you sophiasmomma for my beautiful siggy!
Nov/Dec Follistim cycle = BFP, chemical pregnancy
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim
I would NOT BD tonight, you are covered from the two nights before. You are investing enough that you want a really good sample! I think they use all the good sperm, not sure how it works for really good sperm, we have male factor and I know they have to preform different tests to get the good one worked out! GL and try to relax tomorrow!!!!