Anyone every try any fertility drugs for the MALE???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been doing some research online for things to help with sperm. We have been doing all of the vitamins, zinc, iron, folic acid, omega 3, B12 and B6. I read pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds help 1/4 C a day? What about things like fertilaid for men FertilAid for Men w/ FREE Shipping Anyone ever try anything like this? Can men take clomid? I thought I heard that somewhere, who knows! It seems at least in my case, I keep getting treated with drugs and DH doesn't get any treatment and he is the one with poor morph. There has to be a drug he can take?????
December 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes I have heard of men taking clomid. I will have to do some looking back in the posts to find out exactly who it was, but I know for sure someone's DH was taking it. I know that it is said to increase sperm counts, but I'm not sure about helping with morph.

My DH is only on a normal multi-vitamin and he takes some extra Vitamin C, but his counts were all fairly normal.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hubby took Fertilaid for men.

His SA's usually came back around 3 million-12million sperm...NOT good at all..awful results on morphology and motility as well.

We bought the Fertilaid and he took it before our 1st IVF cycle. He started 4mths before the ivf cycle. His results came back at 376 million total sperm w/50% motility!

The only down side is this stuff is horribly disgusting...it smells ROTTEN. He literally had to gag the pills down 3x a day. Sooooo while he has taken them off and on at times i've never gotten him to take the religiously like he did in the past and so his counts were never that high again.

We actually still have a bottle in the cabinet.

December 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM
DH just starting adding the vitamin C! I wonder if men get all witchy on clomid like we do, or at least I do!

I think I am going to get the fertile aid and then some of the organic fertile tea for myself. What is $50 at this point... LOL Maybe I can be the poster child for the stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
My hubby took Fertilaid for men.

His SA's usually came back around 3 million-12million sperm...NOT good at all..awful results on morphology and motility as well.

We bought the Fertilaid and he took it before our 1st IVF cycle. He started 4mths before the ivf cycle. His results came back at 376 million total sperm w/50% motility!

The only down side is this stuff is horribly disgusting...it smells ROTTEN. He literally had to gag the pills down 3x a day. Sooooo while he has taken them off and on at times i've never gotten him to take the religiously like he did in the past and so his counts were never that high again.

We actually still have a bottle in the cabinet.
WOW! Those are some good results! I will make DH choke them down He has seen me have to take horrible drugs and needles it is his turn! Okay, that sounded mean, but we all know what I mean!
December 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not mean at all... with you. Sometimes I feel like they should be doing all the shots!

*** I doubt my DH would really do it all....***

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Angel_Maker
FertilAid is awesome, and so is MACA!!!!
December 20th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks ladies! Just placed my order!!!! I don't like tea, so I hope I can handle drinking it!
December 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I had DH on some diffrent vits. I've heard they work, but we never got an after SA from him starting. He took them off and on till end of May, then took them daily after then. His SA was beginning of June, so he wasn't on them long enough to show anything. We got pregnant in August...He still takes them off and on now. I got the vits and dosage from TTC 1 year +. A lady there had her DH take them and a couple months later she was pregnant.

made by BAM

December 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
My DH was put on Clomid because of severe MFI.. It helped some - but not that much...

IUI #1: count of 357,000
IUI #2: count of 950,000
IVF: count of 2 million

All of those counts are postwash - his numbers before wash were usually less than 5 million w/ low motility/morphology as well.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

December 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was all real helpful info! I was wondering the same thing. My DH is only on a muti vit. for men right now His counts are great except very very low morph.

Brandi what is the MACA?

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
Angel_Maker
Maca is a root from a plant that originates from Peru....... If you google it, you will find lots of info =)
December 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
We did the fertiliaid too. It REALLY helped his Motility and Morphology! We were down to a count of 1 million with 17% motility and 0-1% morph and for his sample for IVF he was 2.5 million with 50% motility and 4% morphology!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search