Need some advice/quidance please.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 10:18 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Has anyone tried Femera and if so any side effects/ have you gotten pg off of it? Next cycle we are trying that since we have tried 3 cycles of clomid unsuccessfully. Thank you in advance.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Angel_Maker
I tried Femara once and had no s/e, but that's probably because I did not respond to it at all.....I had no follie growth whatsoever......Clomid is the only thing that makes me O......but I'm an oddball, so I'm sure you'll have better luck than me =)
December 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
Clomid did make me O but my lining was very thin and I had horrible side effects from it including large painful cysts. I am also on Metformin for my PCOS.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

December 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Angel_Maker
I'm on Metformin as well =) Well, not currently as we are moving on with adoption, but I was.....I took prednisone with my Clomid and it really lessened the effects and my lining was actually 6.5.....it's never been that thick except for my IVF cycle, and even then it was only 9.....GOOD LUCK
December 21st, 2009, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I too tried femara once and had no luck with it. I know that some of our Grads out there had success with femara, so hopefully they will pop in here to give you some hope!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took femara and it worked for me but I also ovulate regularly. The only thing I remember is being really tired for the first couple of nights after taking it.
December 21st, 2009, 05:06 PM
Thank you ladies. This is our last hope.

My blog

December 22nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I was on 2.5mg Femara for 2 cycles. I O on my own, so the goal was to give me better quality eggies. I didn't have any side effects from it, except a headache the first time around. It did make my CM non existent though . I did not conceive on the 2 cycles that I was using it, but did get my BFP the cycle right after it (when I took a break). I think it was making my eggies mature much faster before the LH surge and then they were too mature plus no CM. I have heard of success stories though. Good luck Shortcake - I hope it works for you!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried femara with my IUI cycle, and had only one follicle. It didn't work for us, but I liked that the femara had barely any side effects. Best of luck to you! I hope this is all you need!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i tried a couple cycles of femara..unfortunately it didnt work for us. However we have mf so its not really me.But the only side effect i had was sleepyness! it was nice! But like the ladies said maybe put a post in for ttcma grads! Good luck

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search