Target ovulation kit?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting frustrated!

I used the Target brand (Up and Up) ovulation kit this cycle and it's not working!

In the past (and mind you, I haven't used ovulation predictors for probably 18 months) I used First Response or Answer brands, and those were always pretty clear to me.

But this time---I've been testing for 8 days and I keep getting a semi-dark test line but it is NOT positive. UGHHH. I am on CD15 today. I *normally* O anywhere from CD 13 to CD17 without medical assistance. When I am on Clomid or Follistim, I tend to O earlier. Last month, I was ready to trigger at CD10.

Ayway, I *feel* like I am getting ready to O. I've had lots of EW and creamy CM, and I just feel like I'm fertile, if that makes sense. I tend to have more of a sex drive when I am Oing, as well.

I'm beginning to think these tests are crap! When I started on CD9, I was getting a very faint test line, but for the last 3 days, the line has been dark, but not dark enough to count as a positive.

Either I am just still not there yet or these tests suck! Does anyone have any experience with them?

To be safe, DH & I have been BDing every other day.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I stear clear of OPK's... I never had any luck with them. I'm sorry that the Target brand didn't work out! I hope your BDing caught your eggie and we can celebrate a BFP from you soon!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 24th, 2009, 02:11 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
i used these opks for the first time this cycle, and they worked great. I got a clear positive the day i felt i was o'ing, and they've been negative since then. I've noticed though that with this brand the test line only gets as dark as the control, where with other opks, my test line would go darker than the control.

December 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I use the IC... I have all ways had luck with them. I get 70 OPK and 30 HPT's for about 26 bucks... So I have enough to test 2-3 times a day around my normal surge... I ran out last cycle... and I was on clomid... so I got my + opk... but I was able to test till I got negative...I am sorry that you didn't get a + yet Hugs!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Angel_Maker
I like ICs the best too! I always get the clearest positive with those and don't even get false + because of the Clomid.....sorry those aren't working out for you!! Sounds like you're doing everything right by BDing every other day
December 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
My RE said not to use OPKs while TTC, but said a fertility monitor was best if I felt I needed something (he had me triggering). I had some OPKs and would never get a clear positive even when the monitor showed high.

made by BAM

December 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i used to use those and they worked great..i got bright lines..i also like the ic they are much cheaper too!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search