I *think* I am leaning towards doing IVF now... What to ask?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
I just can't justify spending so much money trying IUI anymore, since we are soley on injectables now. So, I am doing my research to find a nice place to create my baby! What do I ask them on the phone? I want to have my questions all ready for when I call. Anything else I should know up front? Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!
December 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Angel_Maker
Hmm....let's see...

What is the cost?
Financing/payment options?
Shared Risk Program? (that's when you pay for a certain number of tries and if it doesn't work you get a % of your money back)
Testing prior to cycle?
Success rates? Both fresh and frozen?

That's all I can think of right now GOOD LUCK and KUP!!
December 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Haven't gone that route yet, but Brandi's questions all sound like stuff I'd want to know too! Let us know when you decide... how exciting!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How exciting! Brandi had some good questions for you to ask!

Are you at all close to an SIRM location? My RE is at Sher, and he is starting a new IVF program with NO MEDS. It's called natural IVF and basically, it just follows your body's natural ovulation cycle. (probably wouldn't work if you have PCOS) I don't know too much about it, but I was reading a pamphlet in the office a couple wks ago. They just take 1 egg (the egg your body ovulates on its own) and fertilize it---then put it back in. I *think* the cost was around 3K or so, which is pretty comparable to an IUI cycle with injects

Just something to look into.
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Angel_Maker
Wow, that natural IVF thing sounds pretty cool....too bad that would never work for us But I can see that being a huge success for couples with MFI......and possibly unexplained......
December 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCagain View Post
How exciting! Brandi had some good questions for you to ask!

Are you at all close to an SIRM location? My RE is at Sher, and he is starting a new IVF program with NO MEDS. It's called natural IVF and basically, it just follows your body's natural ovulation cycle. (probably wouldn't work if you have PCOS) I don't know too much about it, but I was reading a pamphlet in the office a couple wks ago. They just take 1 egg (the egg your body ovulates on its own) and fertilize it---then put it back in. I *think* the cost was around 3K or so, which is pretty comparable to an IUI cycle with injects

Just something to look into.
I am in WI, so I am thinking there isn't a SIRM here?? I was looking into a place that looks really good online. They have all their prices listed, pictures of their staff and a lot of info online. They do a micro IVF for $5500, but it is less invasive, less meds so there wouldn't be anything left for a frozen cycle if needed. The regular IVF's are $9000 and $10,000. The $10 grand is for ICSI which I am thinking we will need since we have 2-4% morph but I am not sure will have to ask. I do not have PCOS. I have no issues that I am aware of. We just have the low morph.

My biggest concern here is the travel, it is two hours one way. I will have to take my son to most appointments or leave with DH since I have no sitter or family that can help. DH also can't miss too much work cause we need the money. I am most likely doing u/s and bloodwook here.

So, how many trips are a HAVE TO go to the IVF place??? Just trying to get a plan!
December 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Angel_Maker
At one point, I was going to my clinic every other day for monitoring.....don't know how much that helps in your situation...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search