Fever, sperm count...can anyone offer ++ stories?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hubs is SICK. He started feeling bad last night, and came home early today w/a fever of 101. It's now 102.

He is of the mindset that it's best to let a fever run its course and let your body fight off the infection.

Of course, I am concerned for him and want him to do what he feels he needs to do to be healthy (esp. for Christmas) but at the same time, I am so worried! I keep pouring over all this material about how fevers are so bad for sperm count, can depress the quality for up to THREE MONTHS, etc.

NOOOOOOO. Getting pregnant last month has just about killed me emotionally----I seriously, seriously do NOT think I can go back to BFN after BFN. I can't!!!!

Is there anyone whose DH had a flu or fever and they still got pregnant? Does it ALWAYS affect sperm count so terribly?

He HAS promised me if he still has a fever in the morning, he will take Tylenol to keep it down. He wants to sweat it out tonight, but he is also concerned about it affecting sperm quality.

Can anyone offer any hope in situations like this? I should O seriously ANY DAY now, and I just want this cycle to work!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Maybe he should take something tonight and then if he still has it tomorrow he could sweat it out? I know that's not much help but maybe he'll agree to seeing if he's better in 24 hours instead of just assuming he won't be?
December 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, Jordan! I am so sorry this has happened. Ug. Men being sick is the worst. They sometimes don't just get the complexities of it all. I say if he's willing to take tylenol, throw it at him! For sure!

I have also found fevers on the DH's part can make a mess of sperm count. Do remember it only takes 1, but if he's really fighting the tylenol, it can't make matters any better, and instead of sweating it out, he needs to cool his "boys" in a nice tub of cool water.

UG. It can't be comfortable for either of you and I certainly hope he feels better soon!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you are dealing with all the emotions of this after having dealt with a loss. It's just not fair. I think that since you aren't dealing with MFI that you might be alright. I don't think that keeping his boys cool would be a bad idea either. Couldn't hurt and might help

Hang in there sweetie. I know it doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen, but you will have your baby in your arms one day and all this will seem worth it!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 24th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! His fever had broken this morning and he actually took some Tylenol anyway just in case. He said if his temp spikes back up, he will continue to take it. YAY!

On to my next worry---he still feels like crap (headache, just generally kind of achey/sick feeling)---he won't be able to perform. ARGHHH. He actually mentioned that to me, that he feels so icky, he isn't really in the mood, if you kwim. Fingers crossed he can rise to the occasion! That was a horrible pun, huh?
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've learned that DH may think he's not in the mood, but unlike me when I'm not in the mood, it doesn't take much to get him going. I hope you have some Christmas fun!!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 24th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Addie is right, guys are much easier to get in the mood than us girls! Have fun!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Last edited by Kari_B; December 24th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
December 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, gosh, that pun is BAAAD! Yep, I hope you can do a little dance to sway his spirits and you have some fantastic romance going! Here's some baby making magic dust for you

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search