lonely day

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So being Jewish on Christmas is normally a lonely time as all my friends are off with their families. Some years, we've gone to a friends and celebrated with them, but usually, I'd trade shifts and be on call for someone so they could spend time with their family. This year, I'm of course on partial bed rest and so today feels particularly lonely. Our plan is to try to go to the movies later this afternoon, if sitting up is not too painful. (I still have a lot of pain in my back and kidney region, so I'm not sure if this will work). But other than that, it's going to be a lonely day. I think I'm going to go online and waste some money shopping cyber sales. Shopping therapy always helps

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I think this time of year in general can be rough on people, whether you celebrate Christmas or not. I always try to be mindful of those that may be sad or depressed, missing loved ones, etc.

I'm sorry you're lonely, sweetie. I think it's going to be a roller-coaster mentally for you for awhile. Be gentle and patient with yourself, you have been through a LOT, both physically and emotionally. I wish I could give you a hug in real life.

Retail therapy sounds FABULOUS!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCagain View Post
(((HUGS))) I think this time of year in general can be rough on people, whether you celebrate Christmas or not. I always try to be mindful of those that may be sad or depressed, missing loved ones, etc.

I'm sorry you're lonely, sweetie. I think it's going to be a roller-coaster mentally for you for awhile. Be gentle and patient with yourself, you have been through a LOT, both physically and emotionally. I wish I could give you a hug in real life.

Retail therapy sounds FABULOUS!

Thank you, that means so much to me

The retail therapy has already begun!!! I just orderd some fabulous things from Jcrew's sale section! Whoooo! It was even more fun because I had some gift cards to put towards it!

I'm hoping I'm feeling good enough to wear these on New Years!! Women's shoes - heels & platforms - Megan satin-wrapped suede heels - J.Crew

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
December 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are having a lonely day. I hope you are feeling good enough to see a movie. Maybe getting out of your house and in a sense getting out of your head for a bit, losing yourself in the movie world would help. Hang in there, I have to believe that with all the crappy luck you have had lately, that there are only good things to come.

And..... those shoes are ADORABLE! Enjoy your cyber fun!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOVE those shoes! What do you have planned for New Year's?

I second Kari about good things to come after crappy luck. I was telling myself that, too. I know when I get pregnant again I am going to be a nervous wreck, but (KNOCK WOOOD) I just keep reminding myself "what are the odds of having another chemical?"

I think good things are in store for you Addie!
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

December 24th, 2009, 10:18 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Retail therapy is the best therapy! Those shoes ROCK! I hope you feel better to get out of the house today and get your mind off things for awhile. Find something yummy for dinner and call it a day. Things will only get better from here on out
December 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Awww... Addie! We love you to death and I want to send you a HUGE hug! These holidays are rough on many people and it was always so challenging when I worked in the mental health field to manage this time of year. Just know we are here for you! I'll catch you tomorrow too, so don't forget to talk to us here tomorrow

I'm the world's worst shopper. I absolutely hate shopping, so you can do shopping for me! Have fun and good luck on FANTASTIC sales!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Angel_Maker
I'm right there with you hunnie

I now have two bottles of wine just calling my name....the drinking will begin tonite and I do not plan on stopping until I'm in my bed tomorrow evening We love you and we're here for you!!!
December 24th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
HUGS.... I am so sorry for the lonley feelings... I hope you enjoy the movie. What do you plan on seeing?? And those shoes... are tooo cute! LOVE THEM!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search