I made... (x-post)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I made the waitress cry tonight...

Every Christmas Eve when we are home in town we eat at the restaurant in the truck stop. My parents and I have been doing it for over 15 years, since the truck stop opened. We missed one year, while they were mad at DH so my grandparents took DH and I to keep the tradition going. So naturally we were going tonight after church.

Well all day today something kept bugging me since I woke up. Something kept telling me to pay for someone that was alone's meal. I kept thinking about it and told DH. He told me to "Do what you need to do."

So we finished eating and my dad went to pay for our food. I got inline for the cashier and told her what I wanted to do. She told me to go talk to the waitress in the trucker area. So I found a waitress and asked her if anyone was there eating alone tonight. She miss took me meaning I was supposed to be meeting someone there and pointed to a table. She told me "That guy is waiting for someone. You can just go sit with him." I told her no, some one eating alone alone, not waiting for anyone. She said "Yes, that guy why?" I look over and there this guy at a table sitting alone. I had noticed him while I was waiting to talk to her. He looked lonely and like he was about to break down crying at any minute. He was staring at the TV but I could tell he wasn't watching it. I asked her if he had ordered his meal yet, and she told me yes. I then told her I wanted his ticket to pay for his meal. She told me she needed to get some milk to a table and would get me his ticket.

She brought me his ticket a few minutes later and was crying. At this point I'm trying not to cry. She told me "You know you just made my Christmas! This is what Christmas is all about." Now I'm really trying to fight the tears. I told her to tell him Merry Christmas, but don't tell him till I had paid and left. So I got back in line to pay. When I got to the cashier to pay, she said "you found someone to pay for?" I smiled and said "Yep!" I could tell she was trying to hold it in from crying, cuse her face started getting the red while holding it in. I paid and left the waitress a good tip as well. Then the cashier smiled and said "Merry Christmas and God bless you!"

made by BAM

December 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww Nicole that was absolutely wonderful of you! Merry Christmas!!!
December 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Veteran
I love it! You probably made that persons night! Merry Christmas!!
December 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
aww that was so nice of you. Merry Christmas

December 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Awww!!! That is a sweet, wonderful story. I agree, this is exactly what Christmas is all about and you probably made it a special evening for him, and you appeared to touch many people. You are a super sweet person and it made my day reading this story. I should pass it along (pay it forward!)

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so sweet!
December 25th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
You are such a kind soul.. I cried when I read your post. That was an awesome thing to do... HUGS to you!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How wonderful!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole that is such a wonderful way to celebrate the true meaning of what Christmas is all about. You went out of your way to help just one person, but look at all the lives you have touched in the process. The cashier was right to say it and I'll be happy to say it again, God Bless You!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so wonderful!

My DH works part time at a truck stop where we live as a Diesel Mechanic and he tole me that this trucking company, Arrow Trucking, sent out a letter to the TA Truck Stops and Freightliner dealerships around the country (because the drivers are allowed to stop at these two location for truck service and the TA for fuel, showers, and meals) but the letter told the locations to inform the drivers when they got there for whatever reason that they were terminated and to take their trucks to the nearest Freightliner dealership for turn-in.

That's it. That meant these people had no way to get home, they were literally stranded with nothing more than they had in their own bank account. This letter went out on CHRISTMAS EVE! So my DH told me that TA and Freightliner teamed up so that TA would pay for whatever meals and showers the drivers needed and Freightliner would be paying for all the bus tickets to get the drivers home.

You might have made more of someone's day than you realize.

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
December 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
It was a Petro truck stop. The TA truck stop here is really bad.

When we drove away I told DH, who knows maybe we saved that guy's life tonight. We'll never know what we sparked....

made by BAM

December 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
That is sooo nice! I just about cried reading it. You are so thoughtful.
December 29th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londyn or Ryan's Mommy View Post
It was a Petro truck stop. The TA truck stop here is really bad.

When we drove away I told DH, who knows maybe we saved that guy's life tonight. We'll never know what we sparked....
TA and Petro are actually the same company now Have been for some time.

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search