Kari!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Angel_Maker
How did your family react to your adoption news??????? I'm sure they're thrilled! Please share how you broke the news!!!
December 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for reminding me Brandi!

My Mom and her husband had already known, I talk with my mom over the phone quite a bit so I would always bring it up to her. Then after my RE fiasco I told her we were really done and moving forward with adoption ASAP. So I told my grandpa, who's only reaction was, "That's one lucky kid!" And we told some/most of our extended family, Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, etc. They were all really supportive, my one Aunt who also tried IVF to get pregnant cried, she said she was so happy for us and that everyone is on pins and needles waiting to get THE call that we have added to our family.

I didn't make big announcement, although I had thought about telling everyone at once. I guess I will do that when we are matched and things are more offical. For now, I'm glad that most everyone knows now and we have prayers being sent that things will go smoothly and as quickly as possible.

As for my IL's, I think they are happy for us, but not over the moon excited like my family was. In fact, my MIL's fisrt comment was, "Make sure you don't end up with a "Meth baby".... " Yeah, that's just my MIL. She's never overly supportive at first, but then she really comes around. She did the same thing with MA... "What will you do when you end up with 8 at once???" She knows better now.

We got a few packets of information from the agencies we are looking into. I think I know which one I want to work with, it's DH that wants to wait before we jump right in. Hopefully we can get our application submitted within the first couple of weeks of the new year. Then they say, it's about a 3 month process for the home study, interviews and reference letters. So, if we are on top of our game we'll be ready to be matched by April It just thrills me that we could potentially have a LO at next year's holidays. I know that it might not happen that quickly, but it could and I'm gonna keep my hopes up!

Thanks again for asking Brandi!!!

How many more days till you are officially ready to be matched with your little boy???

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 27th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Angel_Maker
Kari, I'm so happy for you We haven't made an "official" announcement to the family and we probably won't.....My immediate family knows, and MIL and FIL know.....we learned at Christmas that word is slowly getting out, but not everyone knows yet.....

I'm happy that everyone is so excited for you, I think that makes the process less emotionally draining....

Our Home Study is in 9 days and they said it takes 21 days to process the paperwork and make it official, so on January 26th it "should" be official and the start for our little man can begin I'm so
December 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm probably just as excited for you as you are for you!!!!!!

December 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Awww, you guys! This is all great news! I'm so thrilled for you and I agree, that'll be one (two) lucky kids to have you 2 couples as parents!!! Next year's Christmas will be so different

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't post on this board but I'm always looking around because several of my other TTC #1 friends are members of this board as well but I've been following your two adoption stories and I just wanted to say I am so happy for you both! Kari, I have seen your posts through the TTC portions and Brandi I have seen your stories as well usually on the grad section so I know that you both have been through heartbreaking struggles so I am so happy for you both because you deserve to not only see the light at the end of the tunnel but feel it as well! They are both going to be LUCKY little ones and love will certainly be one thing that will never be on low supply! Good luck!!!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
December 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats ladies....I hope the process is both smooth and quick for you two!
December 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh this is exciting!!!!!!!

I cant wait for you two to get THE call!!!!

Kari- are you going to start working on a nursery beforehand or wait until you are matched and know a gender?

December 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I am so happy for your both!! HUGS! I can't wait to hear all about your two little miracles!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so so happy for you! It's so great that your family is supportive! I can't wait until you get matched!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Angel_Maker
Good question Christin!!!! I was just thinking that we have a really neat thing going on....

You know you're adopting a girl
We know we're adopting a boy
and Kari and Brian are still in the "surprise" phase.....it's just like on a DDC in a sense
December 27th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Asher_n_Noah_n_Tres View Post
Good question Christin!!!! I was just thinking that we have a really neat thing going on....

You know you're adopting a girl
We know we're adopting a boy
and Kari and Brian are still in the "surprise" phase.....it's just like on a DDC in a sense

I was thinking the same thing!! It will be neat to see what "team" Kari and Brian join!!!

December 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am SO excited to find out what we are "having" I really don't have a preference at this point, but I think that DH secretly wants boy. All of our friends have had boys, so then we'd fit in

As far as the nursery goes, we are going to wait until we find out the sex. In the mean time I'm going to paint the room a light brown color, and we will then add either blue or pink and go with a theme from that point.

It really does mean a ton to me to have everyone's support through all this! It's nice to know that people are still rooting for us!

December 27th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Angel_Maker
Kari, you are going to be the Tie Breaker
December 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe I'll get one of each

December 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Twins!!! oh that would be crazy exciting!!!!!

December 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Angel_Maker
AHHHHHHH!!! Would you adopt twins??? That's so awesome!!! We're telling the agency that we're working with that we would adopt twins as well.......that would be sooooooo incredible!!!
December 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Heck YES! We'd love to adopt twins!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search