Time to take Clomid???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies....

So AF came on the 23rd, I'd say early evening....maybe around 6:00. Not just spotting, she was fully here by about 8:00. So I was counting the 24th as CD1, which would put me at tomorrow (monday) taking the first clomid pill. Should I wait until tomorrow morning or should I take it tonight before bed since technically the 5th day after AF would be tonight??

thanks for any input...
~K
December 27th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I have heard different things.. I have heard if your flow starts after 5... count the next day as day one.... I called my Dr.. and he said no matter what time it starts.. if you start before "bed" count that as day one, as long as you had a flow.. not just spotting. So I started late Monday... the 21 around 5pm... so I started the pills on the 25th.

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
December 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always count CD as the first day of flow (not just spotting), before bed time. The I always took clomid CD 3-7, some take it 5-9, and I took mine at night. Got to avoid some of the s/e that way.

Good luck!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Veteran
Thanks Ladies!

I think I'll start it tonight then.

~K
December 27th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
My RE said anything that started after 12noon would be the next day. So I would have counted Dec 24 as CD1. I also was told to take it at night to lessen the side effects.

made by BAM

December 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Veteran
I did take it last night...right around 10pm, so even if I was going to take it in the morning, it would have only been about an 8 hour difference. I wanted to take them at night this cycle, so I thought it made sense to take it 8 hours earlier, rather than 20 hours later.
I guess we'll see....maybe I'll get lucky and those extra 8 hours are just what I need!!

~K

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search