Do you believe in karma?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, this may be a silly topic... or not... I feel like my karma is bad. I am not happy for others that are pregnant, or that just had a baby. I feel bad thoughts towards them including jealously and anger. How to I become more positive? How do I not be so jealous and angry? My sister is having her THIRD baby on Tuesday (scheduled c/s) and I am feeling every emotion from jealousy, depression, sorry for myself and anger among a few. I am happy she is adding to her family. But, she didn't even try for the third and she has a 3.5 yr old and 18 mo old right now. She *thinks* she had a hard time getting pg with her first two... ummm no, you got pg 2nd month of trying, m/c and then got pg about 6 mo later using low does clomid. Second child took about 6 mo too on clomid. NO IUI, nothing. I personally think that was pretty easy. Okay, see I am not a nice person. I really want to be more positive in life. How to I get better karma?

mine is kicking me in the butt right now.
December 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I don't believe... in that kind of karma... as in not being happy for some one else.. will have bad things happen to you. I believe in the Karma.. that if... I went and pushed you down..on purpose.. I would expect something to happen to me.. (stub my toe, twist my ankle) If I tried to get someone in trouble.. go out of my way.... something would happen to me. But I know I am a good person, I have lost three babies in 11 months, my grandmother died, my dad had a major surgery, my husband lost his job, my son has had some issues... is this Karma for us all? No it just has been a bad year. It happens.. and no I haven't been the most positive person... but do you blame me? So do you think if I started to look at the glass being half full things will get better? Me not so much... I think this coming year will either go two ways... get much better.. (I will get and stay pregnant, my only living grandmother will stay alive, my father will not need anymore surgery, my DH will find a job, and everything with my son will work out) OR all the above... will happen again... So I got a 50/50 chance that 2010 will be a better year... I Hope

They say Positive brings about Postive..... I'm not sure if that involves Karma.. What comes around goes around.... Could include positive!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles

Last edited by Kary♥RN; December 27th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
December 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Angel_Maker
I'm kinda stuck in the middle.....I believe that bad things happen to good people, that if you're a bad person bad things will happen to you, but I also believe in our Lord at which point I *shouldn't* believe in "karma" at all...

I think I am a very good person and I'm always stiving to be better, however, I've had a really, really crappy life.

As far as improving your Karma, I think it's just as much about your outlook on life and your perspective of the good/bad that happens......

Believing that "everything happens for a reason" has really helped me so much and has helped to eliminate SOME of that "woe is me" feeling that I tend to have.....

If you're a good person, and you're doing the right things in life (doesn't mean you're perfect) then good things will come your way in God's time...which I has learned is almost never the same as your own (as is true with my own life)

December 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whenever I did something bad and I would stub my toe or something similar my granny would always say " God will get you every time!" BUT i dont think being jealous or unhappy because of someone else's happines is coming back to bite you in the butt. Jealousy is normal in these circumstances.

If being unhappy for others or jealous caused bad karma then I would NEVER have gotten Bryar. I was the most unhappy down right nasty un pregnant person I've ever met.

December 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't believe in karma at all. I see too many bad things happening to good people for karma to exist in my mind. I have always felt that the Universe just doesn't make sense like that.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Years ago I read a book that basically said that before we are born, we have chosen the path that we will take in this life (not every small decision, but the big ones). It gives me comfort to think that there is a reason that I chose this path for my life. There's obviously something that I need to learn from the experience of my loss and subsequent infertility.
December 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Brandi- I do think everything happens for a reason... but I sometimes have to wonder what the reason is?

I am just having overwhelming emotions since my sister is having another baby this week. I am going to really try to put positive thoughts into my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
If being unhappy for others or jealous caused bad karma then I would NEVER have gotten Bryar. I was the most unhappy down right nasty un pregnant person I've ever met.
I can relate to that!
December 27th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It took awhile, but now when I get that twinge of jealousy or anger I just take a step back and take my personal stuff out of it. For me, I just think that I would never wish anyone that I know and love to go through what we have, the infertility, the struggles, the financial part of it all. Nobody should have to know the pain that comes with IF, so in a sense I'm jealous it doesn't work for us right away but so thankful that they don't know what it's really like to struggle. Not having to deal with IF makes people blissfully unaware of how lucky they really are to get pregnant on their second of their child. That's they way it was meant to be for them. I can't tell you why... but I just I think that God has a plan and our plan involved a struggle to get pregnant. Now I think, maybe that's because I was suppose to adopt my first child.

I think I just rambled there for a bit, hope I made some sense.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search