The Road Less Traveled....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Angel_Maker
It began in September 2006 when I finally convinced my DH (then boyfriend) to let me go off of the pill...he was apprehensive, and SO SURE that I would get pregnant right away....

By December, I hadn't even had a period..so I knew something was wrong. I made an appt. with an OB for January...after all the appropriate testing, I was diagnosed with annovulatory PCOS. I was prescribed my first round of Clomid in April 2007.

Much to our surprise, on Mother's Day 2007 we were B.L.E.S.S.E.D with a beautiful Everything seemed to be going perfectly. My HCG was very high, and numerous ultrasounds showed a thriving baby.

It wasn't until my NT Scan at 12.3 weeks (July 11th, 2007) that our world came crashing down. It was determined that I was in fact carrying nonviable conjoined twins. This type of conjoined twin had a 0% chance of life outside of my womb....I literally was the only thing keeping my babies alive. We were faced with many tough choices and we ultimately chose to induce labor at 16 weeks. Staying pregnant was a lose/lose situation. As my babies grew, the heart that they shared would begin to fail them and they would suffer until the end. My life was on the line as well. The DRs tried to talk me into a D&C, but I would have no part of it. I wanted my babies to go peacefully into the arms of the Lord, and that is exactly how it happened.

I was admitted into the hospital on August 1st, 2007 at 8pm.I was given cervadil and a balloon thing was inserted through my cervix to force it to dialate to 3 cm.....I was told that this would be a quick process and that I would probably have the boys (we found out they were boys at 14.3 wks) within 12 hours.....well that was so not the case.....

When I FINALLY dialated to 3cm, I was started on pitocin. OUCH! I labored all throughout the day on Thursday and ending up with an epidural. My babies boys were born still on August 3rd, 2007 at 3:40 AM.

I didn't deliver the placenta until after 1PM that afternoon, for a grand total of THIRTY SIX HOURS of labor..... It was awful, but I know that I did right by my precious babies and that is all that really matters to me.

Our sons, whom we named Asher (means Blessed) and Noah (means Comfort) were laid to rest on August 8th, 2007 just a couple of miles from our home.....we still miss them terribly, but celebrate their life every chance we get....

Fast forward to 2009....I had transferred to an RE in June 2008 and had every test and procedure known to man done.......We had a failed IVF cycle in Oct/Nov 2008, and we really felt like we had exhausted all of our options. But by the grace of God we conceived our third miracle in October 2009. October 11th is the day I saw that beautiful second line. However, the excitement was short lived as we very quickly discovered that our baby "Tres" was in fact a blighted ovum. I had a D&C on November 3rd, 2009.

At that point, DH and I decided that we were not currently in a position to continue TTC. I was physically and emotionally drained...I had undergone IVF, Ovarian Drilling, and a D&C in a year's time.....that was just too much....

It was clear that we needed a new plan, and it didn't take long for us to realize that adoption was the way that we were meant to start our family. We still have many hopes and dreams for the future, which include a biological child as well, but we are so anxious to travel down this road

Our Home Study is a week away (Jan. 5th) and we *should* have a beautiful baby in our home by the end of the year
December 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
hello! i saw you had this new forum and wanted to stop in when i saw your post..thats a difficult story..i have tears! Im so happy for you that you will have that new baby in your arms soon..i wish you the best of luck!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
December 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm SOOOOO happy that you started this sub-forum!!! And I'm honored to be going through this process with you

I can't wait until we get to exchange pics of our LO's someday!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brandi- your story always touches me. I am so happy that next year you'll hold your LO.

December 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brandi, this is quite a journey that you have been on. I can feel the pain, excitement, all sorts of emotions from reading your story. I wish you much luck and all the joys that adoption will bring you. I can't wait til Brewer is home with his new mommy and daddy!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
December 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Angel_Maker
Thank you girls! I can't wait to post pics of him one day
December 31st, 2009, 02:02 PM
Veteran
Brandi I just want to say good luck to you, I hope this road is a much easier and faster road for all of us!!!
January 1st, 2010, 01:42 AM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Brandi,

I haven't been around for quite some time, although I lurk now and then. I just read your post and want to say how sorry I am that you lost another angel. On the flip side of that, I'm so happy to hear you're embracing the adoption journey. My DH and I are actually taking the same road after being unsuccessful in TTC'ing #2 for 4 years. Our homestudy won't be until this summer as there are pre adoption courses we have to take first. We'll be adopting a child from foster care. I just wanted to wish you much success in your journey - your time is near, I can feel it! The pictures of the nursery are beautiful.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

January 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Angel_Maker
Thank you girls so much for all of your love and support....I definitely would NOT be where I am today if not for you all I can not even begin to imagine going through all of this without you
January 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Brandi

I just wanted to say I was reading your blog about your nursery decor and I posted a few links of a few items I saw online. They are just ideas and I love looking at nursery stuff anyway, so I hope I didn't intrude. I left the links as a comment under the nursery update blog

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
January 8th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Angel_Maker
...oooohhhhh Going to check it out right now!! Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search