Do you think this is weird?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So Brian and I have obviously done a lot of talking about the adoption process. And in talking with a couple of agencies and reading a couple of adoption books they have said that networking yourself is one of the best ways to be matched quickly. They talk about starting up a facebook page for your adoption journey, sending out a letter to all your family and friends letting them know what you are doing and why and having them keep their ears open for people that might be thinking about adoption, starting up a fundraiser page...

I think we will definitely be sending out a letter to our families and friends. I just want everyone to know what we are doing, so it's not a surprise to them down the road. Not that we need anyone's approval at this point but the more people that are out there keep an ear open for a opportunity the better right???

What about the fund raising thing? I don't want people to think I'm looking for a hand out, I'm not that kind of person at all. I have a friend that says she would be happy to throw us a spaghetti dinner fundraiser/silent auction... wouldn't that be strange. People we know giving us money to help us adopt our child. I'm just not good at the accepting help stuff, but maybe that's what I need to get over to achieve our goal!

Just some stuff that is floating around in my head lately. What do you think?

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think fund raising for adoption is very socially acceptable!!! not weird at all =)

January 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
I think it's a very personal thing. I think it is socially acceptable now, I don't think I could personally do it. You know your circle of friends and family and you obviously have people who are willing to help you by throwing a party. Adoption is a huge cost and it's not like you're just looking for money, you're seeking help from family and friends to help make your parenting dreams come true. After all, it doesn't cost most people $10,000 plus to become parents, right?

Whatever you choose to do, good luck in your journey.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

January 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for your input ladies!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kari - my DH's cousin has adopted 4 children from Africa and with each adoption they have a huge fundraiser. They get a phenomenal response and have to pay very little out of pocket expenses. They got into contract with the fire station who allowed them to use the fire hall at no cost to them as long as they let someone sit up front with a table so if any of the guests wanted to also donate to the fire station OR sign up to be a volunteer fire fighter

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search