Approaching my last month of TTC MA

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I know i recognize some names for TTC or some of the other boards I frequent. I didn't realize that TTCMA had an adoption page, until my old ttc buddy told me about it.
So here I am.
I thought i would share my story, incase anyone has ANY suggestions...im all ears!!!

Dh and I have (that we know) male factor infertility. We are currently on our 3 cycle of ttc ma, using injectables. I am not positive about this cycle either. Af should be here wednesday.
Adoption has been something dear to my heart since i was in college. As small as it might sound, i can still remember it like it was yesterday. When I heard about the Tsunami that hit Indonesia and I saw all these children who lost everything, even all there family, i felt the biggest need to help. But i was a senior in college, so I wasn't able to do anything.
Fast forward to present day.
We personally decided that ttc ma has taken its toll on the both of. Its been stressful on us, as you all i am sure can relate too. we decided that we would only do 2 rounds of clomid, 2 rounds of injectables. (dr. wanted to do 3 of each). At this point we would be faced with IVF, and while we believe in it 100%, we just feel that it is too much of a gamble, for us at this point in our lives. So adoption was the only natural solution to our problem of wanting a family.
We have put in calls with 2 agencies here in town. A meeting is set up with one for Feb 1. and I am hoping to hear from the other tomorrow. The one i am waiting to hear from is an angency who specializing in Russian adoption, which is where our heart continues to be pulled toward. I am more than excited too. I feel like i am living my dream! (or about to live my dream). I have done research online and that has sparked alot of questions, like: what are they looking for in a home study (other than all the back ground checks?, how long does it actually take to get the dossier completed? will we even qualify? how will we financially do it?

Anyways, thanks for listening. if any of you have any suggestions or even perhaps are adopting from Russia, please let me know, I would love to be able to chat with someone who has been there, or is about to have been there!
so thanks again!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

January 11th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi LucyAnna! Welcome to our little corner of the boards!

I am just embarking on my adoption journey as well. We have three agencies that we are looking into and have orientations set up with each between now and the end of the month. I'm excited to start the application process!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome!!

adoption.com has a wealth of knowledge. they have country specific chat rooms and I know that Russia gets a lot of hits. I frequent the foster adoption chat rooms on there often.

From what I've been told the home study is really just a meet and greet. They want to get to know you, see your home ect. they might ask questions about your parenting style, why you want to adopt, what your child hoods were like ect.

There are fund raisers, and loans you can try to finance your adoption.
I know there are a more than a few sites that offer low interest financing to adopting couples w/out collateral.

Adoption Loans -- Affording Adoption
Dreams Foundation - Adoption loans
Adoption Loans - Financing, Grants, Grant, Tax Credit. Adoption Costs ***has russian chat room
The ABBA Fund - Adoption, Interest Free Loans, Church Adoption Funds, Memorial Funds, Legacy Child, Financial Help

fundraiser ideas
adoptionbug.com * they let you sell t shirts on their site*

Adoption Forums, Message Boards, Discussion Groups. Adopting, Foster, Baby Adoptions

January 12th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks girls for the info and the welcome! i will look into those sites Camm! good luck to you kari B too!

January 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Angel_Maker
DH and I just signed with our agency LAST WEEK

We are doing a domestic CLOSED adoption, but we originally looked into International (we couldn't adopt outside of the country because my DH has a misdemeanor on his record)

Anywho, I just had the home study done and it was GREAT! It really is just a "meet and greet" as Christin said. They asked DH and I about our lives (both together and when we were children) they asked us why we want to adopt, what our parenting philosophy is, etc. It was great!

I think Christin provided you with a wealth of information. I wish you the best of luck on your jouney Please keep us posted!!!
January 17th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just to update you girls. We got our BFP Tuesday, January 12. Its been such a whirlwind that i haven't gotten to update.

We were told it would take ALOT of MA to get us that baby, so i was quickly losing hope but finding it again in the light of adoption. Our plans for adoption are not over, by no means. We are still pulled in our hearts to adopt, however, for us, it has be put off--just for the time being. The information you gave was wonderful and the support was wonderful. It did not go unappreciated. Thanks again and i wish you all beautiful babies--one way or another!

January 17th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

January 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Angel_Maker
Congrats on your

I just got mine yesterday!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search