What am I doing wrong???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There are a few ladies that have just started looking into adoption and from what I can tell are leaps and bounds ahead of me here.... what the heck is going on?? Don't get me wrong. I'm so happy that there are more of us looking towards adoption as our next step, I am just bummed that you all seem to be moving so much faster than me.

Sorry, pity party over.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Angel_Maker

It's a very touch and go process. I'm feeling very stanant now too. Where are you at in the process??? Are you still working on your packet?

Just take it one day at a time hunnie....we'll all get there Slowly but surely
February 14th, 2010, 07:53 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think every agency is different and each situation like domestic/international.

Have you turned in your packet yet? Some agencies will do a home study before thats done since the home study can take a few months to complete (not always but sometimes)

February 15th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are still waiting on the packet to arrive. Today is the two weeks that they said is the max it would take to get here, so I'm calling today. Sorry, I'll quit complaining. I know this process takes a long time, but it's hard when I have been at this for almost two months now and haven't even started the application process yet and others are already meeting for their home study. I'm just frustrated...

February 15th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Angel_Maker
Kari, you have every right to be frustrated!! You don't have to apologize for anything!! It makes time drag on even slower when you're not actively doing something related to TTC or adoption. Like Christin said, every agency is different. Just try to find something to occupy your mind Start a baby registry, brainstorm nursery themes, go to your local home improvement store and look at paint samples and closet organizers for the baby's room It will lift your spirits, I PROMISE!!!!!

Love ya hun!!!!
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) You're going to hate me for saying this, but All in good time Every little step you take, and each second you wait, is one step closer to your child-I couldn't see that when I was TTC#1 or #2, but I see it now. Only 12 months ago, I was 9 hours away from home, handing over $12k, right in the middle of a failing IVF cycle, wondering if it would ever happen for us, feeling guilty that I even dared ask for a 2nd child. Tonight I have four babies asleep upstairs-that was 52 weeks ago. Each breath you take is one breath closer to you being a mommy. Its happening as we speak, your child is one step closer to your heart
February 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know that this process takes a long time, and I think I"m being very patient. I guess I was just caught off gaurd hearing how quickly the process is going for other people. I talked with my agency yesterday and my stuff is in the mail. So any day now I guess.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies... I feel like I'm definitely in a slump.

February 17th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Angel_Maker
If you need to chat, you know where to find me
February 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry-now that I read what I posted above, it sounds a little insenstive. One step at a time, one breath at a time, get your package in and that'll be one step closer to your LO. ((hugs)) I know how hard the wait is, each second is an eternity until your LO is in your arms.
February 17th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Marie, you didn't sound insensitive at all. I appreciate all that you have to share with me! Thank you as always for your encouragement!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search