Calling all soon to be mamas

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 05:54 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there was a thread on this recently but I just love hearing all about your pregnancies!! So how many dpo were you when you got your bfp!? How long were you trying before your bfp!? What was your first symptom and how far along were you when you first had it? What were your following symptoms and when did you feel them!?

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
February 17th, 2010, 06:51 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I hope you all don't mind my posting. I sometimes wonder if I should turn the siggy off so I don't upset anyone

My quick story of it:

Tried for 18 cycles, with some cancelled IUI cycles, wasted money, heartache, and cysts. Never gave up trying, though!

Got my bfp at 13 dpo after getting negative at 10 dpo (didn't test in the middle there). I had 2 (maybe 3, couldn't see the L ovary) mature follies. My RE kept wanting to cancel because my E2 levels were high from day 1, but I was sick of cancelling due to high E2 levels, when I was reading other RE's would keep going if there were no cysts, so that's what I decided to do. Maybe I KNEW it would be the one!

Never had a symptom, so that is why I gasped when I saw the bfp. I wasn't expecting it at all! I even had slight cramping and EWCM, both lead to AF for me.

I'm 10 w along now and my symptoms are: slightly full boobs (but I think it's because they never really shrunk from dD, so there's plenty of room in there and thus they are not sore or super full); a bit queasy (not much, ever, but this morning is worse than usual) and VERY tired.

That's it! I never would have guessed I was pregnant and I still can't believe it!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were on month 19 of TTC. I have regular 29 day cycles.

I tested negative at 9 and 11 dpiui with FRERs....so I didn't bother to test until 17dpiui and I got my bfp then with a digital. Crazy thing, I only had digitals so I have never in person seen a 2 line bfp!!!

About 14dpiui, I got this rash all over the trunk of my body. It looked very similar to a PUPPP rash that pregnant women get in the 3rd trimester and I've read that it is rare, but women can also get them during the first trimester as well. At about 5 weeks, I went and saw my gynecologist and she sent me to be tested for Parvo-B19 (fifths disease), which came back negative. It finally went away at about 6weeks.

This has been a rather symptomless pregnancy. A couple times I felt sick in the eveing (but it was more of a tummy ache than m/s) and I was really tired in the first trimester. But that was it....no boob enlargement, soreness, nothing.
February 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
After 3 m/c in a row I went to the RE and did the bt for everything. All came back fine except higher FSH. Diagnosis was bad egg quality due to my age (37). RE put me on Femara but after trying for a year and a couple of Femara cycles I decided to take a break for a month and then think about how I wanted to proceed...possibly IUI.
Anyway, we weren't trying at all that cycle and ended up pregnant. I tested at 10dpo (which was cd19 cause I O'd really early) and the only symptom I had was extreme fatigue.
I'm 16 weeks today and still have some morning sickness, but it's controlled by medication. Other than that I don't 'feel' pregnant. But my belly is huge! I'm loving every minute of it.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

February 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Gwynne do not turn your siggy off!!!!!!! It makes me happy to see bfp and to see the progress of your pregnancies! You ladies give me HOPE!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
February 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This time I got my positive HPT at 11dp3dt, which is 14dpr. I didn't test before that this time. My first pregnancy I got a positive at 13dpr, with a negative two days before at 11dpr. (I guess I just don't get early positives!)

Devin, my first pregnancy, took 2 IVF retrieval cycles to get pregnant. With this one it took another 3 fresh cycles and 2 frozen cycles (but I got pregnant on a fresh cycle). I guess after that many cycles you just start forgetting everything that came before the IVFs, lol. I did some IUIs before that, a lap, had an ectopic pregnancy in the middle (from a frozen cycle)....

My first symptom both times was spotting at around 10dpr. Just a little bit, and it stopped. (Other cycles if I spotted it turned into AF before my blood test.) So this time I definitely suspected! After my pregnancy test was positive I didn't really feel anything other than the IVF bloating until the nausea started at 5/6 weeks.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 17th, 2010, 08:52 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
When I saw my BFP I tested 8 dpo and then 9dpo and got bfn on a digi then that night (9dpo) because i was obsessed I poas same one and hubby went you want it to say no so we know the triggers out right I looked at him with total discuss lol and said NO i want it to say YES and sure as crap like 3 seconds after i said the word yes He started jumping up and down like we won the super bowl yelling yessss.. (it was a first response digital love those test lol)

I had 3 m/c it was almost 2 years of trying I think To be honest I kinda forgot all about the time and how long it took because we are finally here.. But I remember it feeling like 10 years and heartbreaking every month... And thinking it will never happen..I cried every month and watch everyone getting pregnant in my real life it was really hard... it was strange i followed the women on heres journey and was excited every time someone got pregnant.. I guess when you know someone has struggled and had the same pain as you its a different feeling when you hear they are pregnant!

My first symptom... Hmmm I think I got indigestion one night about 2 weeks ago.. That is about it.. so first symptom would be 29 weeks

Now the only thing I have is bad swelling everything else is fine.. ( and a minor cold)

wow i wrote a friggin novel sorry about that

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 17th, 2010, 09:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
After 27 months of TTC and 6 IUIs, we did IVF this past October/November. DH's numbers were always great, and the only thing they could find with me was hostile cervical mucus and a lining that was always on the thin side. I actually never got a BFN during the IVF cycle...I did booster triggers of HCG and the tests just stayed positive.

I went for my beta at 14dpr and it was only 11.8. I was told that things didn't look good, but to wait for the second draw. My 16dpr beta was 12.4, so my RE told me to quit doing the progesterone injections and let my body take care of things naturally. I did not have a viable pregnancy; I was crushed.

At 20dpr I went back in for more bloodwork to confirm that my numbers were dropping, and to everyone's surprise, the HCG went up to 95! My RE called me a "medical mystery" and told me that I still had a <5% chance of a healthy pregnancy. My 22dpr beta was 286, and the numbers just kept going up. We call this little one "Pokey" since he or she took their time, but after a really scary first few weeks, everything has been going wonderfully. My "big" ultrasound is on March 15!

My first real symptom was sore breasts...they hurt from the progesterone, but just kept getting worse...and bigger! I was also really tired, but only felt queasy a few times. Physically, I have had an easy pregnancy so far...the IVF cycle was much more difficult than being pregnant!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 17th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my baby is 4 weeks old now so im not a soon to be mama but:

I got my BFP on Mother's Day when I was 10DPO. My first symptom was side boob pain, a drippy feeling in my throat and feeling like I was getting a cold.
I started that at 9 DPO and then the night of 9DPO I had horrendous cramps. I spent an hour lying there wanting to cry because I thought I was getting AF and/or had food poisoning because they hurt so bad.
Then the next day when AF didn't show I decided to test.

With that pregnancy I did two IUIs that didn't work and then used a private sperm donor and that worked.

With my m/c I had the symptoms starting at 10DPO and got the BFP at 11DPO. No cramping with that one though. With that pregnancy I got pregnant on the first IUI.

With my now 4 year old I had the run down feeling like I was getting a cold but at the time I didnt know that is a very early pregnancy symptom for me. I figured I was just getting a cold and I remember wondering why it never progressed to a cold.

With that pregnancy I got pregnant the first cycle ttc naturally.

Oh and I have that feeling like I'm getting a cold for the entire first trimester btw. I have for both pregnancies that progressed. With my m/c I had it right up until the day before I started bleeding.

February 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Wow thanks for sharing ladies!!!! You all have had struggles that lead to GREAT BFPs

Melissa- I came to the TTCMA board when you were about 8 weeks so I did not know your whole story, all I can say is wow, amazing!

February 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
So how many dpo were you when you got your bfp!? 8 or 9 DPO (I couldn't see it on 8, but other ladies on the AIP board could.) Positive digi on 9 DPO.
How long were you trying before your bfp!? 6 mo. 3rd month on clomid
What was your first symptom and how far along were you when you first had it? 4 DPO my boobs were burning/itchy and my nipples were poking out (they still are) I also craved and ate nachos for 4 days starting 4 DPO.
What were your following symptoms and when did you feel them!? My nips are still out, waves of nausea starting 7 DPO, VERY tired and hungry starting 12 DPO. DH says I've been moody too. My skin is has also been breaking out this week.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
February 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Angel_Maker
So how many dpo were you when you got your bfp!? In hindsight, I now know that I was 13DPO when I got my I had IB on January 13th (Mine and DH's 3yr wedding anny, btw! ) and I tested on January 16th. Apparently our little bean was conceived on January 3rd from BDing that occured on December 31st!!! Those spermies were SUPER TROOPERS

How long were you trying before your bfp!? We've been TTC since September 2006, although we weren't "trying" for this baby because we were convinced it would never happen and were content with adopting

What was your first symptom and how far along were you when you first had it? EXHAUSTION!!! That started before I even knew I was preggo!!

What were your following symptoms and when did you feel them!? Really all I'm feeling right now is exhaustion, bloating, and BB soreness that as of today is pretty much non existant...of course it has me FREAKING OUT!!!
February 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Brandi, it is so wonderful to see you posting in this thread

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I was 8 DPO but I thought it was a evap, so I did a digi the next night and it was positive. At 11DPO went to the RE for a blood test. I didn't have any symptoms till I was 14DPO and that was mainly tired and sore BBS. We tried for just short of 3 years.

made by BAM

February 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Angel_Maker
Thanks Melissa
February 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
We tried 10 months then had a loss in June, then 7 more months for this baby. So 17 total.
My symptoms were sore nipples around 5 dpo and beyond. Then around 7,8,9 dpo I started with ravenous hunger. The idea of sugar disgusted me, and I usually ate only candy around pms time. I could eat constantly and still be hungry.
I was suspicious and tested at midnight of 9dpo, so practically 10dpo. It was positive, but very light. I used a generic store brand pink
+/- test and then a FRER.

February 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My baby is also here but I'd still like to share my symptoms.

I tested at 8dpo (I know, bad) and it was a BFN. I thought for sure I was out. I tested again at 10dpo and there was a faint positive with a FRER.

Before I got a positive test, I had some cramping and shooting pains in the uterus at 5-6 dpo...not normal for me. This, however, was the ONLY symptom I had. My nips were sore, but they always were after ovulating. They did stay sore though. Other than that-no sore bb's, no fatigue, no nausea...so don't worry too much if you don't feel any different. I had a breakdown the night before testing positive because I was "99.99 %" certain that the cycle was a bust. My poor DH had to try to calm me down for over an hour. Well...maybe I should add hormonal to my short symptom list...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

February 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Amanda I can totally relate.. If I didn't feel the baby kick I would feel just like I did before!!! everyones body is different..

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 18th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks for sharing ladies! I love reading all about your testing and symptoms (or lack of symptoms)!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search