anyone who has done IVF...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Please share your stories! I feel like this 2ww is worse than any other! I would love to hear about successful and unsuccessful IVF stories. How did you feel, symptoms, if unsuccessful did you try again with IVF, how do you make that decision, everything!
February 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We did our first IVF cycle this past Oct./Nov. I'll be honest...the 2WW wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it wasn't as bad as the 2WW with some of my IUIs. I really felt like we had done everything we could do...there were no questions about timing or anything...I had 2 perfect little embryos transferred, and there was just nothing else I could do to make my chances any better.

Of course I was sore after the retrieval, but other than that the next symptom I had was cramping starting the day after the transfer (we did a 5-day transfer). My breasts grew increasingly more sore as time went on. I had to pee a lot, too, but that could have been because my ovaries were still huge.

Luckily, our first attempt was a success. We had talked beforehand about doing a max of 3 fresh cycles. If that didn't work, then we would know we did all we could, and we'd move on with our lives. It was important for us to have limits so we knew that the frustration and dr. appts wouldn't just keep on forever.

Good luck...I hope you are sharing your success story soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 17th, 2010, 04:49 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
We did IVF w/ICSI last April/May and during the 2ww I was really bloated still from all the eggs and then I began having nausea and sore breasts and they felt bigger. We had 2 embryos put back in at a 5 day transfer. Of course I attributed all these symptoms just from all the drugs because of the progestrone but it turned out I was pregnant. Unfortunately I mc at 7 weeks. Then in October we did a fe transfer and they implanted 3 embryos as that was all I had frozen. I ended up having a cp. So my story is not so great But we are going to do IVF w/ICSI again. We are currently waiting to be accepted to the Burnaby, B.C. clinic. So here's hoping that it will work and stay working this time around for us.

Good luck to you! And look forward to hearing about your BFP very soon!
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

February 19th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Congrats Melissa! Thats great that your first try worked. I hope we are as lucky. I had the sore breasts for the last two weeks, but it seems to have gone away....I cannot believe how bad they hurt though. My test isn't until the 26th. I hope the loss of any symptoms isn't a bad sign. But I know it was most likely from the meds, and I still have a week until the test....I was extremely bloated for a few days, now its off and on, and I keep getting heartburn and indigestion. I think our limit will be 3 cycles as well. There is only so much I can take. My sister actually offered to be a surrogate for us, which is great if we don't succeed at least we have an option. Anyway, congratulations and good luck through the rest of your pregnancy!

Michelle, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I know it is so hard. I think I have about 6 friends/family members pregnant right now. The good news is that my friend who had the failed IVF's was successful on their 3rd try! Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for you as well. Good luck and I hope you have success!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search