taking the plunge...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, we were going to do IUI this month (#6) with injectables and after going in for my baseline U/S they found a 29mm cyst on one side and a 19mm on the other. I was devastated... but this made me do some hard thinking and we decided to pursue IVF. I had already found a clinic and had talked to them a couple months ago (we chickened out and tried IUI again). I set up an appointment which was today and we got all our testing done and I had a sonohistogram which looked good. Cysts are gone and it has only been a week!!! I have one follicle that was 16mm and I should be ovulating in a few days. Dr said I can start Lupron in 2 weeks providing my bloodwork comes back good and start my meds after that!!!! I am a little worried about ovarian reserve due to the fact I only had one follicle on 100iu of follistim for 7 days... he seemed a little concered that I only got one off that much med. I didn't think it was that much med but what do I know??? We will be doing ICSI due to low morph and he said he reccomends it even without low morph. I am sure I will have questions for you IVF girls as I progress! I pray to god this works. We are really only getting one chance at this since it is about $15,000. We could swing some frozen cycles if I get any snowbabies, but not sure about a whole fresh cycle again. I will say I feel a sense of relief. We are giving it everything we have and I just need it to work.
February 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow how exciting!!! Our story with IVF is the same- DH has lower morph than my RE wants so we are doing ICSI and this is our only shot due to the costs as well. Hopefully this will bring you your much desired baby!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Good luck with this! It's always good to have a decision made and I pray that this one is ALL you need for that beautiful, healthy bfp Keep us posted as you go through the journey!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you! I think IVF is very exciting and I hope it just takes you one time to get a beautiful and wonderful BFP!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

February 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of luck to you as you start down the IVF road!!!! Hope those in injects do just the trick to get you the follies you need!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 19th, 2010, 05:55 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies! I really hope this is the right decision.

Kari- Thanks again! Hoping they work miracles!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search