Hey Ladies

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I ditched out on you guys for a few days. There was just so much going on my life and I didn't know how to handle it all.

I found out early this week that my Great Aunt has terminal liver cancer and she doesn't have much time left. After my grandmother died she became a grandma to me and I am just so upset. She is 82 and has lived a very long and happy life, but I just didn't want to have to deal with loosing yet another grandma in my life. It's been tough.

Also, the same day I get that crappy news, I go to work only to find out that my co-worker is pregnant. Her first unplanned, unwanted, one-night-stand baby is only FOUR MONTHS OLD!!!!! I had to watch her go through an entire pregnancy in the last year complaining EVERY DAY about morning sickness, chain SMOKING, eating CRAP and whining about how much her life is going to change. I don't know if I can do that all over again. So work this last week has sucked too as she just sulks around and cries and complains about how crappy her life is. It sucks.

And to top it all off, my adoption packet was taking it's sweet time to get to me and I just wanted something in my life that was positive to focus on and I couldn't find it. Well it came, so this weekend I will have a lot of good things to focus my thoughts on.

I shouldn't have ditched out on you guys, and I promise that I'm here for you all whenever you need me. Thanks for your understanding and bear with me as I get caught up on everyone.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 19th, 2010, 10:07 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so so sorry for the news you've received. And I agree- thank Goodness for having this positive and exciting packet to go through and complete- you're next step to becoming a Mommy!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry you have had all this to deal with lately, Kari. Of course we totally understand, and we're always here for you, too. We love you

How exciting that you finally got your adoption packet I hope you have a wonderful weekend thinking about the little one who will be in your life soon

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 19th, 2010, 10:41 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, that is a lot to take in... I would find it really hard to deal with your co-worker too. That is just rough. Glad your papers came!!! I hope adoption is a smooth and speedy process for you. How long do they project it will take for you to be matched?
February 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!

They say average time from approval to match is 18 months. But that varies quite a bit. There are people still waiting after 4 years for a domestic match... but they have a LOT of restrictions on what they are looking for. And others that get matched within a few weeks of being approved! I hope I'm the latter!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 19th, 2010, 11:00 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Kari! That is a lot for any person to handle in a week. I am glad that you have your packet to focus on and the joy that it will bring knowing you are a step closer to getting your little one!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
February 19th, 2010, 11:06 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
((HUGS)) Kari! What difficult news to take on all fronts. I'm so sorry about to hear about your great-aunt. That's really hard to manage. My dad's last brother died at a young 53 last summer from pancreatic cancer and it was so, so sad. I certainly feel your pain and pray she is not in pain and has many more great memories ahead.

I'm so happy you got your packet! I hope you DO get approved and matched ASAP, also, and you'll be that wonderful mama we all know you are. Keep us posted!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
HUGS... everyone needs a little time to breathe!... Take your time.... we all need times when we have to step back... HUGS

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
February 19th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
im so sorry you had a crappy week! We understand..sometimes we all just need to take time out and relax a little! I hope you are able to get this adoption process going and that that lil one (who will be lucky to have you as a mommy) in your arms! feel better girl!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
February 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am soo sorry! That is a lot to handle on top of ttc/adoption and it is completely understandable for u to need time away. ((HUGS)) I hope everything works out the best way possible for you and u feel happiness soon! ((HUGS))

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search