ARTICLE: Jennifer Lopez: Wouldn't 'Mess' with In Vitro Treatments

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um, did you girls read the article? Like seriously, I'm so not liking her anymore. How can she say that after everything Celine Dion is going through AND PUBLICLY?!?

http://www.justmommies.com/celebrity-baby-updates/jennifer-lopez-wouldnt-mess-with-in-vitro-treatments

Sorry, I normally lurk & don't post but this is close to my heart & my home was here for a LONG TIME so this really ticks me off.

February 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I completely agree with you! I couldn't believe she took that stance on it. It makes me wonder because I thought it was really strange that at her age she just "happened to get pregnant with twins." I don't know, maybe I'm bitter.... lol.
February 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
She had some help, either fertility drugs or IUI. She didn't just pop out twins after trying for so long. It does make me like her less, not that I liked her much before she opened her mouth and said way too much for her own good. Makes me mad too.
February 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I think she used some sort of fertility help.. she just has enough money to hide it... As her song says don't be fooled by the rocks that shes got she's just an arrogant ignorant bit** from the block!!! lol I didn't like her to begin with so my feels are even worse..

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
She's fooling herself if she thinks no one knows she had help.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 20th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I knew you girls would understand. It just baffles me that after Celine is on the cover of People, openly discussing her fight w/ infertility, that this loud mouth, arrogant, SOB would actually have the balls to make her opinion nationally known. Does she not have any brains? Oh, wait. I spose not. Look at her life. And, yeah. We all know she had a little help. Just a little. How ever that help came whether it was in the form of a pill or an IUI, it was still help & still "messing w/ God's plan".

February 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I read that awhile back and it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never liked her music or her acting....I'd definitely say she is in denial, ignorant or both.
February 20th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Angel_Maker
I think ignorant is an uderstatement....I don't know who she is trying to impress or FOOL by saying she wouldn't mess with IVF...but I have NO DOUBT that she sought some sort of Medical Assistance in order to conceive her twins. It's just a shame that she's TOO ASHAMED to embrace the path she took and INSPIRE other women....instead she makes them feel like they are doing something "wrong" by "messing with" natural conception.......shame on her
February 21st, 2010, 02:23 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i read somewhere that she did iui..i cant understand how she could say that though..you know darn well that she would have done it if she was in our shoes!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
February 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Exactly. She was in our shoes. She had MA in order to get the twins & she has the balls to say otherwise. Hmft. I'm PO'ed.

February 21st, 2010, 07:16 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmm sounds to me like she didnt care too much to have children anyway since she repeatedly said if it happens good and if not then thats good too! ugh! If you REALLY want kids then not having them isn't even an option, so until she knows what it feels like to be deprived of something you feel you cant live without she doesnt have the right to say anything negative about it. Maybe if someone would deprive her of something like shoes or money she would find any means to make it happen! grrr this irritates me...can u tell???

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

February 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish more celebs would be open with their fertility struggles so that it is not such a "taboo" topic. Infertility is nothing to be ashamed of, why act like it is?
February 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
I never liked her much to begin with and this just confirmed it for me. She says about believing in God and having faith in Him and not messing with that....Well God gave us all free will and allowed us to have science help those of us who need help with fertility and if he didn't there would be many miracles of God who would not be in this world today.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

February 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can see what I thought of it in the comments!!!!! Some of the members who commented blew my mind as well... some people really have no clue.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
February 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl View Post
I never liked her much to begin with and this just confirmed it for me. She says about believing in God and having faith in Him and not messing with that....Well God gave us all free will and allowed us to have science help those of us who need help with fertility and if he didn't there would be many miracles of God who would not be in this world today.
I agree! And if you believe in God then you believe He has to make conception happen even with MA so God is still involved very much and this is just the method He chose to make this particular miracle. God uses "set backs" and "impossible things" such as infertility in our lives to show the world just how mighty He is in us that even though we had a hard time or was told it would be impossible to conceive that He can make it happen!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search