kari. i have a question for you.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
A180's Avatar Super Mommy
we recently rescued a pomeranian puppy. who has a bad leg. my cousin was "breeding" and the runt of the most recent litter was "born" with a bad leg. long story short. my husband an i took him because even though he wasnt being abused. he couldnt be sold and wasnt getting alot of attention.

we never knew how we would be so in loveee with him.

hes been to a vet and has had shots. they felt that the leg was either broken or dislocated at a very early age (a week or 2 old) we also felt the same way. we were told that there is a good possibilty it wouldnt be able to be fixed.

my problem is that we were told that it would be VERY expensive to fix if at all. because it would require a orthopedist.

were located in ct. do you know of any organizations that will help defray costs. ive been researching and calling around to humane societys and rescues but havent come up with anything. i just figured hey its worth a shot when i remembered your job.

we will love him anyway, but i just hate to know he has to live with something that isnt absolutely 100 % UNfixable. thanx in advance

Ariana Elena(^^Chubbyyy wubbyy^^)

February 23rd, 2010, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Angie, bless your heart for taking in a puppy with those kind of injuries. As far as places that will help with the cost, there really isn't much out there. You can apply for care-credit and use it at some vet clinics - it's basically a line of credit and then you can make smaller monthly payments.

What did they say they are going to do? Have then taken any x-rays? Would an amputation be cheaper.... I know that sounds harsh but in the long run dogs and cats do VERY WELL with three legs and sometimes it's the best way to keep the pet in the home.

I hope things go well with your little guy... you should post some pics!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
A180's Avatar Super Mommy
thanx kari. im going to post some pics up now. were going to schedule an xray soon. the vet said shes never seen anythihng like it. it doesnt hurt him and he holds it up most of the time. but he does somewhat use it when he has his chest low to the ground. it looks like our arm with the elbow bent. but it doesnt unbend.

Ariana Elena(^^Chubbyyy wubbyy^^)

February 23rd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a dislocation... I'll be interested to hear what the x-rays show!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search