Progesterone question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Veteran
I know I shouldn't be thinking so negatively but if something was wrong would I bleed or does being on the progesterone keep me from bleeding?
February 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would normally not start my period until after I stopped taking the progesterone after my negative beta. But when I was on the inject cycles I started having break through bleeding around 14dpiui and would stop the progesterone then. It's different for everyone, sorry I wish there was a cut and dry answer for you!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I was told that you can bleed and it means absolutely nothing, or if you end up not pregnant and stop the progesterone your period may come later. SO basically what I got out of it is that the progesterone can cause lots of confusion. It can either mask the symptoms of being pregnant, or it can cause the symptoms, you can bleed or not bleed....so annoying!
February 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Veteran
Hi! I would usually start spotting early and then once I stopped the progesterone it would come. But it can also mean implantation spotting.....hoping for the best for you!
Started TTC in June 2008
First RE appt. March 2009

Oct. 2010 - 14 Eggs Retrieved and 6 Fertilized with ICSI
November 4th - ET put back two Blasts!
November 16th - BFP!!!!!
December - M/C Lost Heartbeat
December 31st - 2nd Misscarrige with Ectopic Egg (2nd egg was missed in tubes )
May 4th - Starting Stims for second IVF Round! STICKY VIBES!
May 17th - ET 13 Eggs Retrieved only Two Fertilized due to maturity. Put Back my TWO LUCKY CHARMS!
May 31st - Its official! 559 HCG Level! Im Pregnant!
June 2nd - 2nd HCG Test we are now at 1145!! Yay it more than doubled!
February 23rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry I guess I should have clarified. I'm 5w4d pregnant and I'm taking the progesterone. I feel like my symptoms are going away so I was wondering, if something was wrong with the baby would I bleed or does the progesterone keep me from bleeding. I feel horrible for even thinking these thoughts but we tried for
so long to get this little baby and I am so paranoid that its not going to stick.
February 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Well congrats on your pregnancy!!! I think everyone is different.. I bleed for all my pregnancy 3 losses and this one.. this one went fine.. I wouldn't think progesterone stops you from bleeding because I took 400 mg of prometrium(orally) and 400 of endometrium a day and I still had some bleeding... I am not trying to scare you!! but no bleeding is normally a good sign I would think! So, try not to stress are they doing blood test? or u/s?

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Veteran
I had bloodwork done 13dpo 178, 15dpo 348, 17dpo 669. I have my first ultrasound thursday and I'm terrified . My boobs aren't hurting like they were, my nipples were starting to look different and are now starting to look like they always did (tmi) I don't feel as tired or as hungry. I feel like crying because I'm so scared my dream is coming to an end.
February 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Awwww Hun try to stay positive!!! your numbers are great! So, why so negative!!! I had no symptoms.. My nipples did start to get dark then stopped then got dark end of second trimester.. so don't stress Thursday is almost here... You are in my thoughts and prays even though im sure everythings fine.. PLEASE KUP

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 24th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get good news on Thursday! Keep us posted!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 24th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Super Mommy
just dont stop taking progesterone if doc has ordered it!!!!

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to get so down about all this. I know after experiencing trouble TTC, it's easy for us to expect the worst... it's like we're not used to something going RIGHT. But what you're describing is totally normal. Symptoms DO come and go early in pregnancy, and that means nothing. I actually had NO symptoms at all in my first trimester. Most early pregnancy symptoms are due to progesterone (not HCG), and your body eventually becomes accustomed to the increased progesterone levels so you stop having all the symptoms. Plus, the actual levels of hormones varies too. So try not to read into your symptoms (or lack thereof), because they really don't mean anything at all at this point (think of all the times we FEEL like we're pg while we're TTC and we're not.... symptoms are very deceiving).
February 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
HUGS... I understand what you are feeling... My bbs started to hurt less.... than the next day they started to hurt again.. only by that night ... not to hurt again.. I know you can't help but think the worse... but keep Postive... I am also on progesterone I am taking 200mg.. and my levels are on the high side. I think I would feel better If I had more "symptoms".. but I just have to take what I have a stay positive... KUP Good Luck!!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
February 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Veteran
Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. It really helps. I'm staying positive and counting down the hours till tomorrows appointment. I will post when I get back and let you know how it went.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search