What to do???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
We are suppose to go to dinner with my some of my DH's family that are in town from out of state tomorrow. My SIL that is pg will also be there. I have not seen her since she has gotten pg and I just don't know if I can deal with it right now. There will only be about six people out for dinner and I am the only other person her age that will be there. I know I am being a BIG baby right now... but I feel tremendous anxiety when I think about sitting at the same table as them and talking pg/babies with her. A bit of background... they tried to get pg for about a year, but she had no idea how you ovulate or what days you would be fertile, so babsically a crap shoot for quite a few months till she got a clue. Secondly she smoked everyday she was trying to conceive and drank quite often and I am not just talking a glass of wine here or there. She also drank qutie a few beers xmas eve and day(not to mention smoke), which if she had taken a pg test it should have been positive by then cause she would have been at least 4 weeks then (yes, I did the math I am obsessive). It just rubs me the wrong way that she could smoke and drink so much and she still got pg, I find it so iresponsible(sp). Okay, I am just on a rampage of vents today so if you made it through my novel

Now, hopefully I didn't offend you smokers and drinkers out there with my post
February 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, well, I'll respond to this post before it gets removed, too. I'm sure someone will get offended by something.

And yep, I hear ya on the frustration thing. Anytime I see a pregnant woman smoking I just want to scream or punch something. It's just not fair that people like that can have something we want, and people like us have to work so hard for it.
February 24th, 2010, 04:53 PM
adamsgirl
I'm reading a book on infertility (Unsung lullabies) and there is a chapter that talks about baby showers/being around pg people/ etc. and it says that you need to do what you feel you can handle and not worry about how other people will feel about it. Personally I think that makes a lot of sense, I dunno maybe it just makes me feel better to hear it but thats what I do. If I don't think I can handle the situation or just plain don't want to, I don't.
February 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You should really only do what you feel you are comfortable doing... nothing more, nothing less. If they don't understand.... then they don't understand. You have to look out for you.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Super Mommy
i wouldnt go. why put yourself through it and possibly make yourself insecure in front of those ppl (i cant hide my feelings and teary eyes).......

i am sure your DH can make a plausible excuse such as flu/work pressure/hell freezing over?????

stay home, get take-out and veg but DONT feel guilty!!!!

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 25th, 2010, 07:58 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I am not up for it for sure. I told DH I didn't want to burst into tears at the table and look like a fool. He said he understands.
February 25th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
i totally agree..stay home! its hard to just not burst in tears just to hear someone is preggo never mind being around things like that!
February 25th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
the other ladies!

You have to take care of yourself and watch out for your own emotional well-being.

I know exactly how you feel. (((HUGS)))
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search