1st Walk Thru was tonight

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 05:09 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She walked through the house and gave us a list of stuff to correct. She's coming back next Wednesday for the final walk thru and then she'll submit our paper work. After that the state will come through and do exactly what the social worker did...and then if they approve us we'll be licensed. she seemed pretty happy with everything.

BUT here's the bad news. well bad for us good for the kids i guess. Since December she hasnt had one phone call for a child under 6yrs of age (that didnt come with multiple siblings) She said the fact that we want a girl under 2yrs of age is really hurting our chances of adopting or even fostering. She said its possible it COULD happen but it would probably take a long time. She said our county has started pushing for more relative placements instead of foster placements which is really limiting the amount of younger kids coming into the system. If we were open to an older child..like 6 or older it would be a different story but we arent open to that. Dh doenst even want a child 6mths older than Bryar...so even a 2yr old is pushing it for him.

ugh..i dont know what we are going to do..probably get licensed and just wait i guess.

February 24th, 2010, 05:41 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Glad things went well!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the perfect little lady is ready to come home with you soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
At least the ball is in motion! That is tough about the age thing... I too would want a younger child. I don't know too much about adoption, but is there anyway to widen the search or do they have to come from a closer area to you?

I just wish this was easier for so many of us.
February 24th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that things with the walk-thru went well. I am sorry to hear about the longer wait for your little girl. BUT... I do have to say that I think it WILL happen... it just has to. You have the perfect bedroom and everything!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 25th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Angel_Maker
Glad things went well with the walk through!

And the reason they haven't had many placements for girls under 2 is because God's saving her for you! Good luck hunnie!!
February 25th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good point Brandi!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your update, will be thinking of you & hope your wait is not long at all Good luck !!

February 25th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I be nosey and ask what things the worker wanted you to correct?

DH & I have a meeting with our homestudy agency TOMORROW, then we get fingerprinted, and the at some point soon we will have a home visit.

I want to be prepared!

As far as your little girl...I truly believe that God will make a way, mo matter what the situation! Would you be open to a sibling pair? Like, maybe a 4 year old and a toddler girl?

I don't know, just tossing ideas out there...
Dec/Jan TTC naturally after m/c, BFN
Jan 2010 2nd round of Follistim

February 25th, 2010, 05:41 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you guys are right!!!!

Things that needed fixed:

out door cat needed a rabies shot
banister needed finished - we knew this but last weekend my SIL and best friend had babies! so we were busy
TB tests
and a couple of forms needed fixed

we might have problems with our water heater..its in the bathroom and she said we may have to build something to go around it...so thats up in the air...also we have 1 railing going upstairs..seh said the state might want 2..one on each side...

but that was it, everything else we already had done, child proofing, knives put away, all meds locked up, ect.

February 25th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
well im just glad everything went well! i hope the wait isnt long for you!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
February 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds like you are on a roll, and I'm sorry the news isn't better for quicker placement, but I agree with Brandi... that sweet little gal is waiting for you guys and I hope it isn't long before you get to meet her!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad things went well for you and I agree with Brandi what an excellent point!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search