Going to the DR today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 07:16 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, i'm going to my RE today. Last time I was there she told me that they found nothing as to why I am having recurrent losses. Since then, i got pregs again and MC'd within a few days. So, after 4mc's this year, I'm going in today to start the process for IVF. What can I expect today? I've already had genetic testing on DH and I, i've had the hsg and an uterine biopsy. Are there more uncomfortable test coming my way? more blood work?
February 26th, 2010, 07:49 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
When I started seeing the RE (for infertility...I had been unable to get pregnant), he repeated every test I had ever been through, plus he added more. We did bloodwork, a post-coital test, DH did 2 SAs, and I had a lap. After all of that, we sat down and made a plan and started treatment. The whole testing process took a little over 2 months, but it gave us info we needed to go forward.

When we started the IVF process, the only additional testing we had to do was more blood testing, but it wasn't bad at all. We also did a mock embryo transfer so my RE would know where to place the embryos later in the process. That procedure was very easy and only took about 10 minutes.

Good luck! I hope you finally get that sticky BFP with IVF!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

February 26th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry for your losses! As for the IVF journey, our RE does bloodwork with each cycle (specifically day 3 FSH and estradiol), and a few more of those along the way. Aside from the injectibles, and the egg retrieval, I can't think of any other unpleasantries.

Wishing you all the success in the world!!

February 26th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with your appointment. I haven't been down the IVF road so I'm not too much help to you, but there are lots of success stories on this board to read about!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search