IVF med ???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
I already have a ??!

So, just wanted to know what your injectable meds were and the dosing for how many days?

Also how much lupron did you take a day and for how long? I am on 10 units is it? per day.

I stim fast and think I have too much ordered. I "think" they said 300 iu a day. They want me to order three 900 unit follistim pens and one 600 unit (3300 units total). I have about 2100 units of repronex and follistim already. If I used 300 units a day for 12 days that is 3600... WDYT? I am thinking order a 900 unit pen or wait till I use what I have and then order when I see where I am at?
February 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I had 10 units of leupron until whatever test they did (can't remember right now) and it went down to 5 units. then I started gonal-f pen, at 225 units a day up until I triggered, which was 10,000 units or whatever. Then after the retrieval I used crinone 8% gel. They sent me so many pens, 900 units each....I think I still have 4 unused ones left....I dont' know why they give so much....I think maybe because they don't know what your dosage will be? Kind of a waste of money if I end up not having to use them again. because everything else they sent just what I would need for one cycle. They office ordered mine for me too....I am surprised you have to order them yourself....because it will be a prescription. Anyway, its better to have too much than not enough, because if you run out it might mess up your cycle if you can't get it in time.
February 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When i was doing my injectable IUI cycles I was on 20iu of Lupron in the beginning and then it went down to 10iu towards the end.

I would talk with your nurse again and see if they really think you'll need that much. And maybe check in with your pharmacy to see how long it will take for you to get it. When I ordered my stuff, it came with in 2 days, if not the next day. If you can count on them being reliable, then I would wait... or you'll end up like me with lots of left over stuff that will go to waste (well, kinda like me )

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, the pharm just called... the nurse puts the order in and then the pharm calls to set up delivery and payment, same as it was in prior orders. Using Asend Pharm and LOVED the girl on the phone. Just ordered my lupron and have the rest on hold. They have free next day shipping so I am going to wait it out and order more as needed. I feel better about that so I won't be wasting money on meds I don't need!!! She said just call when I am ready a day or two before and I can order one at a time if I want. Some of the meds even count towards our insurance deductable... WOW, that is good news! Feeling good for once
February 26th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY! I'm glad you don't have to stress about having more than you really need. Hopefully you'll respond really well and won't have to worry about placing another order!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

February 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's good! I was going to suggest asking them to just put refills on everything and just order "some" for now. That's what I did. I'm pretty sure I'll need 10-12 days worth of Gonal-F, but I only ordered 8 days worth so far until I see how I'm doing. I'll just order the refills a few days ahead of time and hopefully minimize the wasted meds (they are wayyyyyy to expensive to waste!)

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 26th, 2010, 04:26 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I didn't take the same meds as you so I am not sure. I never took the Lupron at all and I did Gonal-F. I am not sure if the dosage is comparable or not. I think I took a higher dose than a lot of the gals on here but I am older than some of you.

They adjusted my meds anyway so I think they will work it out if you are stimming to fast. I also did like you and tried to order just enough. But, then I found myself constantly panicking about not having enough.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search