Anyone else not helped by Clomid?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I mean, I had ONE noteworthy follie that was a size 16 (woohoo) on 100 MG's, and the other was 12, and the rest too small to count.

Started spotting 5 days past trigger, and spotted for 5 days before having what seems to be AF start at CD 23.

Called my RE and they're trying to figure out what to do, because clomid was supposed to help BOTH of those issues, but it didn't for me.

I'm just wandering around today tearing up when I think about how frustrated I am that we are moving onto cycle #19, and how much I was hoping this would be it....

Sorry this is a vent... I'm just so tired of waiting for everything, and now waiting for my body to cooperate.

So I'm testing again with FMU just on the fluke chance this is something else, and then supposed to call back so they can come up with the new plan of action, which may not be clomid.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

March 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that All I can say from my experience is that I tried 3 rounds of the 50mg, I did not have any type of u/s done with any of those. Just a 7DPO progesterone check which showed I definitely ovulated. I was on break from Clomid for 2 cycles & about to re-start again as soon as AF shows. If its a bust then I'm moving on to giving Femara a try
March 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Have you considered injectables? They are more expensive but you may have better luck. You won't have as many side effects as you get on clomid. I never got that many follies either. I took 100mg of clomid CD 3-9, SEVEN days and I had two follies from it and one was just barely big enough to count. I understand the frustration, been there many times. Have you had any testing done for ovarian reserve? There is a blood test that you can do, I just had it done as part of my IVF testing. Will progesterone help with a short LP?
March 1st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would second the idea of trying something new... femara or injects or a combo might do the trick!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Sorry you are frustrated. I did about 3-4 months of clomid w/monitoring and IUI and and it seemed pointless and then we moved to injectables (puregon) and IUI and we were blessed with our son of course that was after a very long time so I totally get the frustration as all these ladies do. So rant away, I know I've had my fair share of them.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

March 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I didn't have much of a reaction to Clomid. My first cycle I got nothing. My second cycle I got 1 follie, and my third cycle I again got nothing. It was so frustrating. My RE switched me onto femara and I responded 100x better and I didn't have the side effects of clomid. I opted to do a trigger as well with the femara because I also had a problem with my body releasing the eggs. Injectibles are also an option. Unfortunately, sometimes it's a trial and error to see what special mix of drugs works for your own body's needs. Best of luck!!
March 1st, 2010, 08:17 PM
ttcmymiracle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through all this! I tried 2 cycles on clomid and told my RE that was enough since I felt my body did better on its own than with clomid. I had more than one follie but they werent very big and my lining was 5mm or less. So I switched to femara and so far I have only had 1 follie each time but they are 19mm and my lining is 9-10mm!! So maybe switching meds would be an option that might bring your BFP!! Good luck I hope you have good news to share soon!! KUP!

TTC since Nov. 2007. All testing=completely normal....but we still have empty arms! clomid-thin lining and BFN; femara-BFN, 3 IUIs= BFN, IVF (Nov 2010)= BFN. IVF 2 (FET)= BFP!! beta 1: 29.2 beta 2: 120!!!

March 2nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do well with Clomid either.

My first cycle on it: 50mg, had one follie and wouldn't ovulate without the trigger. I did become pregnant on that cycle, but miscarried.

Second cycle: 100mg. Had one, maybe two, follies...bfn and very thin lining from Clomid.

Third Cycle: 150mg. Ended up with three follies....but an extremely bad reaction (visual changes) and extremely thin lining. I actually only had 3 follies because we added injections to the cycle because Clomid alone was giving me NOTHING. It just stopped working!

After that, we went to injections and I got pregnant on my first whole injectable cycle. My RE doesn't like Clomid, but uses it as a first resort because it's easy and cheap.

Good luck!!!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

March 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
i feel your frustration! I ovulated 9 of the 11 cycles I was on it ( with breaks in between) Everything always looked perfect, but i NEVER concieved on it!!! It gave me the worst s/e... after i switched to repronex injectables i concieved the second cycle with iui and have a healthy happy baby boy to show for it!!!

I say switch to injectables! gl!
March 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I never produced mature follies on my four cycles of Clomid. Got pregnant on my FIRST cycle of Femara.

March 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I am so sad to hear you all had to deal with the same thing, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone in it. they want to do one more cycle on the same combo and we'll see what happens. Hopefully it does the trick and if not I think we'll switch to Femara. (then injectibles, if need be.... we have to "exhaust other options" first to get injectibles approved.)

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search