A new recipe thread

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So we have had some pretty awesome recipe shares lately. I have wanted to try some new stuff BUT.... I'm working on loosing some weight. I actually hired a personal trainer and in the last 5 weeks have lost 13 pounds

So.... share a health conscious recipe here to help me keep my taste buds entertained and my future figure in mind!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 2nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
adamsgirl
Kari I just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss!!

I have a yummy recipe for brushetta,sp? ( I think it's pretty healthy, but I'll make sure) I'll find it and post it later if it actually is healthy.
March 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Congrats on your weight loss, Kari!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 3rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations, Kari! That is fantastic! Please share any good recipes that you find!

Here is one of my favorite recipes, and it is Weight Watchers! I even omit the cheese because I don't think that it needs it!

Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas
2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1/2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
16 oz fat-free canned refried beans
8 oz salsa
4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced (I use 2 cans!)
1 tsp chili powder
3 Tbsp scallion(s), thinly sliced
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
8 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 8 ounces of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of additional salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.

And here is another vegetarian recipe from my favorite magazine, Eating Well

Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans

Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans | Eating Well
From EatingWell: January/February 2009

In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.

6 servings | Active Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
* 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup water
* 6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
* 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
* 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Preparation

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.

Nutrition

Per serving : 325 Calories; 7 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 8 mg Cholesterol; 55 g Carbohydrates; 14 g Protein; 6 g Fiber; 616 mg Sodium; 360 mg Potassium

3 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Tips & Notes

* Tip: Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta in the Italian section of most supermarkets.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

Last edited by ttb1105; March 3rd, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
March 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 roll • Calories: 188 • Points: 4 ww pts

9 whole wheat if possible lasagna noodles, cooked
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
salt and fresh pepper
32 oz tomato sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
March 3rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Congrats Kari on the weight loss!!I have a ton of healthy recipes but I have to find them lol. So I'll bb to post them .
March 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Kari!!! I'm jealous...I gotta get going on that! I will post some too, when I get a chance. I have a ton from the magazine Cooking Light. I HIGHLY recommend you getting a subscription-it's awesome!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

March 3rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I am working hard but have a LONG way to go. I am hoping to end up with a 60 pound weight loss by the end of July. Wish me luck!

And thanks for the recipes! I have a couple also and will post when I have a free moment!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search